Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Qatar Airways has launched a big flash sale in which it’s offering discounts on Business and Economy Class fares out of all the European countries to which it flys. The flash sale ends tomorrow (13 June 2019) and offers roundtrip Business Class fares to Asia from $1,421 and to Oceania from $2,697.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Sales Period: 12 June to 13 June 2019
- Travel Period: 12 June 2019 to 15 December 2019*
- Minimum stay: 3 days**
- Maximum stay: 1 month**
- Offer is valid for flights booked on qatarairways.com only for Qatar Airways operated flights from selected origins to selected destinations as shown.
- Seats are limited and are subject to availability of the relevant booking class: “W/O/T/Q” for Economy, “I/R” for Business. For flights where Business Class is not operated, “A” for First Class is applicable.
- Fares displayed in the booking engine include all applicable discounts, fees, taxes and airport charges, all available fare options and applicable rules will be displayed at the time of booking.
- Discounts apply on the air tariff. No discounts on taxes and surcharges apply
- Discount applies to instant purchases and on roundtrip tickets only.
- Minimum and maximum stay as well as advance purchase rules apply dependent on the booking class and point of departure.
- Blackout dates and weekend surcharge may apply. Please refer to the fare rules for details at the time of booking.
- Please refer to the fare rules at the time of booking for changes, cancellations and No-show conditions.
- Any change or cancellation less than 3 hours prior to the stated time of departure will be considered as no-show.
- For travel involving multiple booking classes, the most restrictive fare rules apply to the entire itinerary.
*For some departure points the travel dates extend to March 2020
**The minimum/maximum stay rules can vary depending on the point of departure
The Business Class Fare Deals
Qatar Airways is offering ‘deals’ from every European city it serves (there are even deals out of the UK) so what you see below is only a selection of roundtrip Business Class fares on offer. These Business Class fares represent what I think are the better deals on offer in this flash sale.
- Auckland – from ~$2,697 (BGN 4,662) – link
- Bangkok – from ~$1,624 (BGN 2,604) – link
- Chiang Mai – from ~$1,624 (BGN 3,001) – link
- Delhi – from ~$1,533 (BGN 2,650) – link
- Mombassa – from ~$1,888 (BGN 3,264) – link
- Phuket – from ~$1,624 (BGN 2,807) – link
- Singapore – from ~$1,490 (BGN 2,576) – link
- Chiang Mai – from ~$1,533 (CZK 34,649) – link
- Goa – from ~$1,421 (CZK 32,130) – link
- Ho Chi Minh City – from ~$1,727 (CZK 39,054) – link
- Maldives – from ~$2,026 (€1,790) – link
- Bangkok – from ~$1,531 (NOK 13,219) – link
- Phuket – from ~$1,972 (NOK 17,029) – link
- Singapore – from ~$1,793 (NOK15,479) – link
- Bangkok – from ~$1,874 (€1,654) – link
- Hong Kong – from ~$1,517 (€1,339) – link
- Maldives – from ~$1,958 (€1,729) – link
- Singapore – from ~$1,785 (€1,576) – link
- Bangkok – from ~$1,767 (SEK 16,680) – link
- Ho Chi Minh City – from ~$1,761 (SEK 16,628) – link
- Hong Kong – from ~$1,710 (SEK 16,140) – link
- Singapore – from ~$1,640 (SEK 15,484) – link
- Sydney – from ~$2,884 (SEK 27,225) – link
There are quite a few good deals on offer and, naturally, people’s opinons on these fares will vary depending on where they’re happy to fly from and where they’d like to fly too.
Persoanlly speaking, the $1,531 fare between Norway and Bangkok looks interesting as I may be able to use that to plan a trip to Siem Reap (Angkor Wat).
The $1,533 roundtrip Business Class fare is one of the cheapest Business Class deals I’ve seen to Chiang Mai and, now that new Zealand is getting Qsuites service, it’s hard to ignore the $2,697 roundtrip Business Class fare between Sofia and Auckland.
Last, but not least, the $2,884 roundtrip Business Class fare for travel between Stockholm and Sydney is a great deal (you can book Qsuites between Doha and Sydney) and you’ll be hard pressed to find a better deal to Singapore than the $1,490 roundtrip fare out of Bulgaria.
Most of these fares will earn flyers 560 Tier Points in the British Airways Executive Club (you can check exactly how many Tier Points and Avios you’ll earn via the Avios Calculator) and will earn a considerably number of American Airlines Elite Qualifying Miles, Redeemable Miles and Elite Qualifying dollars…so they’re great way to keep/achieve elite status economically and in comfort.
Don’t forget that most of these fares will only be around until tomorrow so don’t harng around too long before deciding whether you should book or not – I expect the better deals/flights to get booked up pretty quickly.