Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Best Western has just launched its first major promotion of 2021 and by Best Western standards it’s pretty good. Members of the Best Western Rewards program can earn multiple gift cards and double points for stays made through 9 May 2021.
- Registration is required (here)
- Stay between 15 February and 9 May 2021
- Stay at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean
- Earn a $25 Best Western gift card for every night stayed (up to 4 nights) – Gift cards expire on 31 August 2021
- Stay five eligible nights during the promotion period at any Best Western branded hotel in the United States, Canada, or the Caribbean Islands to earn double points for all five nights and all subsequent nights at eligible Best Western properties during the promotion period.
- An eligible night stay completed prior to promotion registration and Best Western Rewards enrollment/membership will not count towards satisfying the promotion requirements.
- Please allow approximately 1-2 weeks from completion of the eligible night stay to receive the Gift Card(s) which will be sent electronically to a member’s registered email address.
It’s a little disappointing that any gift cards earned must be used by 31 August 2021 (that seems a little harsh considering how disrupted everyone’s travel plans are right now) but there’s definitely scope to do well out of this promotion if you plan to stay at an eligible property.
The first four nights of the promotion are clearly the most rewarding (guests are effectively being given a limited-time rebate of $100 on the first four nights) but it’s good to see Best Western going a little further (for a change!) and offering a proper incentive for guests to spend more than 4 nights across eligible properties.
The double points offer will see guests earning a minimum of 20 points per dollar spent at eligible Best Western properties (which I equate to a rebate of approximately 10%) and as Best Western is currently offering an easy status match opportunity, top-tier elites from other hotel loyalty programs could find themselves earning up to 25 points per dollar or an effective rebate of up to 12.5%.
Best Western has launched a new promotion in which it’s offering $100 in gift cards on the first four nights spent at eligible properties during the promotion period and double points on all nights spent at eligible properties for guests who stay a minimum of 5 nights by 9 May 2021.