Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott Bonvoy’s global promotions are almost always incredibly disappointing but every now and again the program sends out a few targeted offers that are worth a second look. Right now is one of those times as select Bonvoy members are starting to see new promotions appearing in their accounts.
My ‘exclusive’ Bonvoy promotion
This is what Marriott has dropped into my account:
The terms are as simple as you’d expect them to be:
- Register today.
- Stay at any of Marriott’s 7,000+ participating hotels and resorts worldwide now through 03/31/2022.
- Earn double bonus points on stays that include a weekend night.
Note: A weekend night is defined as a Friday or Saturday night
The double points that Marriott refers to are base points, so any bonus points that I earn courtesy of my Bonvoy Titanium status will not be doubled. Put simply, Marriott is offering me 20 base points/dollar at most of its properties worldwide (I’ll earn 10 base points/dollar at Element, Residence Inn, and TownePlace Suites properties).
As promotions go, this isn’t particularly exciting and it isn’t enough to make me change my plans or to make any new bookings…but I’ve registered just in case I happen to book a stay that triggers the bonus.
Other targeted promotions
Fortunately, the promotion that I’ve been targeted for isn’t the only one out there and a few of the other promotions that I’ve read about look quite tempting:
- Earn up to 22,500 bonus points – earn 7,500 bonus points on your first stay and 15,000 bonus points on your second stay.
- Earn 18,000 bonus points – earn 3,000 bonus points on your first stay, earn 7,000 points on your second stay, and earn 8,000 bonus points on your second stay.
- Earn double points on all stays of 2 nights or more
- Earn 2 free night certificates after 2 stays – earn a free night certificate worth 35,000 points after your first stay and earn a second certificate after your second stay.
There will almost certainly be other targeted promotions too so if you see one that isn’t listed here, let me know in the comments and I’ll update this list.
How to check if you’ve been targeted
Most people who have been targeted are receiving emails to tell them to register but with spam filters being what they are, it’s always worth checking your Bonvoy account even if you haven’t received an email. Here’s how to do that on the desktop site:
- Log in to your account at Marriott.com
- Once logged in, click on your name at the top of the page to reveal a dropdown menu
- Click on the promotions link
If you’ve been targeted for an offer, you’ll see it on the page that opens up and you’ll see a button that allows you to register.
In the Bonvoy app…
- Tap on ‘account’ at the bottom of the app window
- Scroll down the page that opens up until you see “My Promotions”
That’s it! Tap on ‘My Promotions’ and whatever promotion you’ve been targeted for (assuming that you’ve been targeted) will appear.
Marriott is emailing Bonvoy members with a new round of targeted promotions and while some are disappointingly weak, some look like they can be very lucrative so it’s worth checking your Bonvoy account to see if Marriott is trying to tempt you into booking a few stays.