Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott has given us advanced warning that it will be launching a ‘Cyber Sale’ next week in which it will be offering savings on stays booked by November 28th. In addition, all the Marriott online boutiques are currently offering good discounts on most of the items that they sell and if you’re in a giving mood after Thanksgiving, there will be an opportunity to donate any spare Bonvoy points sitting in your account to one of three charities.
The Marriott Cyber Sale
- Marriott Bonvoy members (free to join here) will receive 20% of eligible stays.
- Sale launches on Tuesday 21 November 2023.
- Booking dates: 21 – 28 November 2023.
- Stay dates: 26 November 2023 – 15 January 2024.
- 6,500+ properties will be participating.
Link to the sale page (should show the discounts from 21 November)
Save on Marriott mattresses (and more)
If you’re in the market for a new mattress or some other items that you can find in Marriott properties around the world, Marriott may be able to help you save some cash with its current discount offer.
The Marriott Bonvoy online ’boutiques’ are currently offering discounts of between 20% and to 25% on most items that they sell and as this deal includes mattresses, anyone who has the option of choosing a mattress discount as their Bonvoy Annual Choice benefit, could double dip and lock in a pretty decent saving… assuming that they would have bought a Marriott mattress in the first place.
- 20% discount at EDITION (no mattresses), Ritz-Carlton, Luxury Collection, St. Regis, JW Marriott, and Le Meridien boutiques.
- 25% discount at Marriott, Sheraton, Renaissance, Westin, and W boutiques.
Marriott says that it will also be participating in Giving Tuesday by offering Bonvoy members the ability to donate points they’ve earned via bookings and other purchases to specific charities.
To help members give back in a meaningful way, Marriott says that it has also committed to matching two points for every one donated between November 21 and November 28 up to a cap of 10,000,000 points.
Members can choose to donate points to one of three non-profit organizations for matching points:
- World Central Kitchen (provides meals in response to humanitarian, climate, and community crises).
- World Wildlife Fund (helps sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife).
- NAACP Legal Defense Fund (America’s premier legal organization fighting for racial justice).
More information should be available via this link by Giving Tuesday.
The key news here is that Marriott will be launching a new sale next week in which Bonvoy members will be able to save 20% on stays made between 26 November 2023 and 15 January 2024.
That’s not exactly generous stay window but if you’ve been planning a trip for December or the first half of January, it may be worth waiting to see what Marriott’s rates look like next week before you make any firm plans.