Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
For the past month, Qatar Airways has been offering Privilege Club members around the world a bonus of up to 40% when they convert various banking currencies into Avios. That offer ends today and for readers with Citi ThankYou Points, this means that time is rapidly running out to top up an Avios balance with a very nice bonus added in.
The first thing to note is that this isn’t a Citi offer. You will not see this offer on Citi.com or on the ThankYou site. This is a Qatar Airways offer so the bonus points will be awarded by the airline and not by the bank.
Key to know
- If you convert 20,000 points to Qatar Airways Avios you’ll get a bonus of 20%
- If you convert 20,000+ points to Qatar Airways Avios you’ll get a bonus of 40%
The Qatar Airways Privilege Club is free to join (here)
Bonuses are calculated per transaction so two transfers of 15,000 points will only trigger a 20% bonus even though over 20,000 points have been transferred in total.
This offer ends at midnight tonight GMT+3 which means that it ends at 17:00 ET/14:00 PT so you don’t have all day to decide if a transfer would work for you.
Multiple banking currencies from around the world are participating in this promotion (see the terms and conditions reproduced below) but for US readers, this promotion only relates to transfers from Citi.
Citi ThankYou Points transfer over to the Qatar Airways Privilege Cub in a ratio of 1:1. Other banking currencies may transfer across in different ratios.
Transfers between Citi and Qatar Airways are instantaneous but the bonus points that are awarded by Qatar Airways will not appear in your Privilege Club account for up to 45 days after the transfer has taken place (I transferred points 11 days ago and my bonus points have yet to show up).
Keep in mind that Qatar Airways Avios can be easily transferred across to British Airways so any Citi ThankYou Points that are transferred over can be used to book great value short-haul awards (on various airlines) through the British Airways Executive Club.
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions govern the campaign, organized by Qatar Airways Privilege Club, enabling Privilege Club members to earn up to 40% bonus Avios when they convert their Bank Rewards Points to Avios with any participating bank (partners). This campaign commences on 01 June 2022, 0000hrs (GMT+3), and ends on 30 June 2022, 2359hrs (GMT+3).
- This campaign is open to all Privilege Club members who are customers of participating partners in the prescribed participating markets and have Bank Rewards Points.
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club members will earn bonus Avios on converting Bank Rewards Points from a participating partner into Avios.
- The bonus Avios awarded will be 20% of base Avios (up to 20,000) converted in a single transaction and will be 40% of base Avios (20,001 and above) converted in a single transaction.
- The bonus Avios will be calculated per transaction and not on the cumulative sum of base Avios converted from Bank Rewards Points during the campaign period.
- The conversion of Bank Rewards Points to base Avios is subject to the conversion ratio and terms and conditions set forth by the participating partner.
- The participating partners are Ahli Bank Qatar, Ahli United Bank, Ahlibank Oman, Air Miles, American Express, Amex Centurion Design Cards by Hyundai Card (Korea), Citibank, Commercial Bank of Qatar, Doha Bank, Dukhan Bank, Hana Members, HSBC (Greece, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Hong Kong), Kuwait Finance House, Masraf Al Rayan, Ping An E-wallet (Wanlitong), Qatar International Islamic Bank (QIIB), Qatar Islamic Bank (QIB), Qatar National Bank (QNB), CIMB, KBank, Standard Chartered Bank Singapore, BSF (Banque Saudi Fransi). For more details, refer to the respective. partner page here.
- All bonus Avios earned will reflect in your Privilege Club account within 45 days from the date that Bank Rewards Points are converted into Avios or credited to your Privilege Club account.
- The bonus Avios will not be calculated retroactively under any circumstances. If the Avios, which your Bank Rewards Points were converted into, are credited to your Privilege Club account after the period during which this offer is valid has passed, you will not earn bonus Avios under this campaign.
- Once Avios are credited to your Privilege Club account, after converting your Bank Rewards Points into Avios, the transaction will not be reversed.
- All base Avios and bonus Avios awarded under this campaign will be subject to the Qatar Airways Privilege Club Terms & Conditions.
- All decisions made by Qatar Airways Privilege Club with respect to any matter relating to this campaign shall be final.
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club reserves the right to vary these terms and conditions and terminate or otherwise amend this campaign without prior notice at its sole and absolute discretion.
- Qatar Airways Privilege Club reserves the right to verify the eligibility of participating Privilege Club members and eliminate if found suspicious and involved in fraudulent activity.
Today is the last day of the Qatar Airways promotion that is offering a bonus of up to 40% for transfers of various banking currencies to the Qatar Airways Privilege Club. In the United States, Citi is the only Qatar Airways partner but with ThankYou points readily available through cards like the Citi Premier® Card (currently offering a great welcome bonus) and the Citi® Double Cash Credit Card, there should be quite a few people for whom this promotion offers a great chance to boost an Avios balance.