Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I have long said that IHG’s communication with its Rewards Club members is terrible, but the hotelier has now managed to reach a whole new level of uselessness by introducing a promotion that it hasn’t bothered to tell anyone about.
Right now, most (possibly all) IHG Rewards Club members are eligible for a promotion that will see them earn a bonus of 10,000 points for every 10 nights they spend at IHG properties in 2021, but the chances are that they have no idea that this promotion is in progress.
IHG 10K Every 10 Nights Promo
- 10,000 bonus points will be deposited into your account every 10 qualifying night(s) stayed between January 1, 2021, and December 31, 2021 at InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, EVEN, avid, voco, Regent Hotels & Resorts, Principal Hotels, or HUALUXE hotels worldwide.
- An additional 20,000 bonus points, on top of the 10,000 bonus points, will be deposited once you stay 40 qualifying nights within the offer period.
- Members who are invited to participate in this Offer may also participate in other IHG point offers.
- IHG Army Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith properties, and Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas are excluded from this Offer.
- A Qualifying night is defined as a minimum 1-night stay booked under a Qualifying Rate, with total spend exceeding $30 per night.
- Qualified nights do not include any promotional qualifying night bonuses or rollover qualifying nights.
- If a member’s stay starts before January 1, 2021 or extends beyond December 31, 2021, member will only receive the points for nights stayed during the offer period.
- Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be eligible. If more than one member checks into the same room, only one member is eligible for the offer.
- If a member books more than one room on the same night, they will only receive offer points on one room and points will be based off the room with the higher average room night rate over the offer period.
- No retroactive credit will be awarded for stays prior to enrollment.
- Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for bonus points to be posted onto your account.
- The bonus points awarded through this Offer are not Elite status qualifying.
- A maximum of 380,000 bonus points can be achieved from this Offer in 2021.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the offer page.
How To Check For The Offer
- Log in to your IHG Rewards account
- Head to your account page
- On your account page click on “messages” (there will probably be no indication that there are any outstanding messages from IHG).
Before looking at the value on offer here it’s important to note that although the terms and conditions of the promotion say that “[n]o retroactive credit will be awarded for stays prior to enrollment”, there isn’t actually an option to enroll. The only link within the promotion is a “Book Now” button which simply takes a member to the promotion’s main page from where a booking can be made.
Don’t waste your time looking for a way to enrol because there isn’t one.
As far as the value on offer goes, with IHG’s currency worth approximately 0.4 cents/point (that’s my valuation), this promotion is effectively offering members a rebate of $40 for every 10 nights consumed with an added bonus of an $80 rebate after 40 nights.
For most people that’s probably not really worth getting excited about, but if you’re someone who’s already making the most IHG’s reduced elite status requirements for 2021 and who’s been making an effort to earn points through IHG’s 1st quarter promotion, it’s probably going to be useful for you to know that there are more points on offer than you may realize.
If you’re debating how many nights to book for your next IHG stay the knowledge that every 10th night gets you a bonus of 10,000 may sway your decision.
You may not realize this but IHG is probably currently offering you a bonus of 10,000 points for every 10 nights you spend at IHG properties in 2021 with an added bonus of 20,000 points when you spend 40 nights.
Overall, I don’t think this promotion offers enough value to tempt someone away from their preferred hotel chain/program (I certainly won’t be giving up any Hyatt stays for this), but for IHG fans this is an added bonus that’s worth keeping in mind.