Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published.
Since the beginning of September Hilton has been running a “Double Points” promotion which, for most casual travelers, is probably the best year-end promotion on offer from any of the major hotel chains. The Hyatt promotion requires too many stays, the Marriott promotion is better than some of its other promotions but it’s still not great, the Starwood SPG Fall promotion isn’t exactly generous, and the IHG Accelerate promotion is good (if you got an easy offer) but can require quite a bit of work if you’re to extract maximum value. The Hilton promotion is simple and rewarding…and it just got better.
Hilton Offering Triple Points
- To earn triple points base points stays must be booked via the Hilton App
- Stays must take place between 4 October and 31 December 2016
- Travelers already registered for the Double Points promotion do not need to register again
- No minimum stay requirement
- No cap on earnings
- All worldwide Hilton properties are participating (which is fantastic)
What Can You Earn?
Here’s what you can earn from Hilton HHonors if you have no status whatsoever:
- 10 HHonors Base Points for every eligible US dollar spent on room rates and other eligible room charges, including telephone calls and room service (there are some exceptions to this for Hilton’s budget brands).
- 5 Hilton HHonors bonus points for every eligible US dollar spent for electing to earn bonus points (as opposed to bonus miles).
This promotion will triple those base points to 30/$ spent and, combined with the further 5 bonus points, that takes the total earnings to 35 HHonors points/dollar.
I value Hilton HHonors points at around $0.004 each so that would mean the points would give you an effective rebate of 14%….not bad for a hotel chain where the guest had no status.
If you have Gold Status (easy to obtain though credit cards and status matches) you’ll earn an extra 25% bonus on base points too – that takes the total earnings to 37.5 HHonors points/$ spent or 15% rebate and, if you’ve got Hilton Diamond Status the total earnings are 40 HHonors points/$ spent or a 16% rebate.
If you happen to have one of the many Hilton HHonors co-branded credit cards the, naturally, you can earn even more HHonors points than what I’ve outlined above.
All in all the best year-end hotel promotion just got even better.