Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Back in the middle of October, I wrote about a great deal that Amex had targeted to select cardholders in which they could earn $125 on just $300 of spending with Delta. Despite writing about this offer, I somehow forgot to add it to any of my targeted cards (not a proud moment) and when I finally remembered to do so, the offer had disappeared. Today, the offer is back, so if you missed out the first time around check your accounts because you may have been given an unexpected second chance.
Spend $300 And Get $125 Back With Delta
Get a one-time $125 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $300 in one or more transactions direct with Delta Air Lines by 12/31/2021. Flight must originate in the U.S. and purchase must be in USD.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Delta Air Lines through U.S. delta.com, via Fly Delta U.S. App, and U.S. reservation telephone line.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories, and purchases must be in U.S. dollars to qualify.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Delta Air Lines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and Delta Sky Club memberships.
- Offer excludes the following:
- purchases in-person at the airport where Delta is not the merchant of record, lounges, and sales offices
- all purchases on-board flights including food, beverage, and WiFi
- stand alone hotel bookings and car rentals through delta.com
- purchases through third parties or affiliated agents
- Delta Vacations, Delta Dive, Delta Cargo, On Demand Charter services, Delta Flight Museum, SkyMiles Marketplace purchases, SkyMiles Experiences, SkyMiles Cruises, Delta Meeting Network
- travel insurance/trip protection
- gift card purchases
- charitable donations
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
This is a great offer to be targeted for as it checks all the key boxes that indicate that this is an easy offer to use.
The spending requirement is low, upgrade fees, seat selection fees, baggage fees, standby fees, and the purchase of Delta Sky Club memberships will all trigger the statement credit (so the offer isn’t just for airfare spending), and because all of the costs that will trigger the offer are usually prepaid, you can make the most of this offer without having to travel in 2021.
On top of all of that, if you can keep your spending to as close as $300 as possible (without going under), you’ll be receiving a rebate of around 40%…and that’s fantastic!
Holders of various Delta co-branded Amex cards may be tempted to load this offer to those cards to earn bonus SkyMiles, but that may not be the best way forward. With Amex Membership Rewards points transferring over to SkyMiles in a ratio of 1:1, the Platinum Card® from American Express (5 Membership Rewards points/dollar on airline spending – terms apply), and the American Express® Green Card (3 Membership Rewards points/dollar on all travel) both offer better value.
Note: Information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The American Express® Green Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Amex appears to be re-targeting cardholders for an excellent and easy-to-use Delta offer that first appeared in accounts over a month ago. Flight bookings will trigger the statement credit (obviously), but so will a number of other charges that flyers are often faced with so this should be an offer with very broad appeal.