Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton has launched a flash sale for stays at its properties in the US, Canada and Latin America in which its offering up to 20% off stays booked by Monday 25 June 2018. You’ll have to be a Hilton Honors member to get the maximum discount but, as its free to sign up, that shouldn’t be an issue for anyone.
Hilton “Your Summer Escape” Headline T&Cs
- Offer subject to availability at participating U.S., Canada and Latin American hotels and resorts within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Valid for stays booked between 12:01am Eastern Standard Time, June 19, 2018 and 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time, June 25, 2018.
- Stays must be completed between the periods of July 1, 2018 to December 31, 2018.
- Offer requires advance purchase and full prepayment is required at the time of booking.
- No cancellations, refunds or transfers.
- Hotel may cancel reservation if invalid credit card information is provided or if credit card is declined.
- The booking must be made within the booked period specified herein.
- Participating hotels, except Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels, are offering 20% off the best available rate for Hilton Honors Members.
- Conrad and Waldorf Astoria hotels are offering 15% off the best available rate for Hilton Honors Members.
- The actual discount rate relates to the hotel’s Best Available Rate (“BAR”), which is a specific rate type that varies depending on time of purchase, is unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount rates.
- Unless otherwise stated, quoted rates are per room per night, based on single/double occupancy and do not include taxes, gratuities, incidental charges and resort fees (if applicable).
As with the IHG sale/promotion I wrote about earlier there are a few things worth noting before you jump into any bookings:
- The 15% and 20% discounts on offer are based on a flexible rate and not the cheapest rate so, unless you were planning on booking a flexible rate anyway, the true cost savings will be lower than the advertised discount.
- Even though the discounts are based on a flexible rate the actual booking you’ll be making will not be flexible and will require you to pay the full amount in advance.
- The discounted rates are only available for bookings made during the promotion period so, if you have flexible bookings already made, it could be worth canceling and re-booking if the math works in your favor.
15-20% off the best flexible rate isn’t exactly a stunning deal but for those who were planning on booking a flexible rate anyway it’s a nice saving (as long as you realise that the saving mean you’ll no longer have a flexible booking).
For those who, like me, usually book the cheapest rates available there isn’t much here to incentivize more Hilton stays. Once the discounts are applied to the best flexible rate the price may be a little lower than the advance purchase rate but the difference unlikely to be significant enough to cause anyone to make a booking they weren’t already planning.