Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton is a big fan of flash sales (there’s rarely a time when one isn’t on) and it has just launched a sale for stays in Australasia and Southeast Asia in which it’s offering Hilton Honors members discounts of up to 35%.
Hilton is also throwing in a 15% food and beverage discount at most of the properties participating in this promotion…although only specific outlets are participating at some properties.
Flash Sale Headline Terms & Conditions
- Offer is subject to availability at all participating properties in the Hilton portfolio across Australasia and South East Asia
- Stays must be booked between 26 March 2019 (09:00 GMT) and 2 April 2019 (09:00 GMT)
- Stays must be completed between 31 March 2019 and 31 January 2020.
- Five (5) days advance reservations required.
- Blackout dates may apply and vary by property.
- Rates are valid for single/double occupancy and are exclusive of all taxes, incidental charges, gratuities, and resort fees where applicable.
- Discount varies from 5% to 25% off Flexible Rate (BAR) or Breakfast Included Rate (B&B) across all participating properties.
- Hilton Honors members will receive an additional 10% discount off BAR or B&B.
- Hilton Honors Membership is required to book the Hilton Honors Members rate.
- In addition to the room discount, there will be a 15% F&B discount at selected F&B outlets of the participating properties during the stay, subject to the following:
- Discount is non-transferrable and valid only for guests who have booked through the sale.
- Discount must be utilized during the stay.
- Discount is valid for dine-in only. Not applicable to minibar and room service.
- Discount can be used for alcoholic beverages for all hotels in Australasia. Service of alcohol is subject to state and local laws. Guest must be of legal drinking age.
- Discount is not applicable for alcoholic beverages for all hotels in South East Asia.
- Discount excludes any service charges, applicable taxes and gratuities.
- Discount can be used multiple times during the stay.
- Discount is not applicable for use at 3rd party owned and operated businesses within the participating properties or if not paid for at front desk upon check out.
- Discount is applicable at all participating F&B outlets for all hotels except Saltbush (DoubleTree Alice Springs) and all outlets at both Waldorf Astoria Bangkok and Waldorf Astoria Maldives.
- Discount will only be applied to the F&B bill in the guest folio upon check out.
That’s quite a few important terms and conditions so make sue you go through them all before deciding whether to book something in this sale.
Example Deals You’ll Find In This Sale
Click on images to be taken to the sale page
There are a few key things to bear in mind with this sale:
- The rates are prepaid
- The rates cannot be cancelled
- No refunds are available
- You need to be a member of Hilton Honors to get the top discounts
- The discounts are based on a flexible rate so the savings will not be as high as advertised when compared to the cheapest (non-flexible) rates the properties offer.
Overall, based on the examples Hilton has provided, there look to be some good deals here.
I recently reviewed the Conrad Singapore and, although I loved it, I would be tempted to try the Hilton Singapore considering it appears to be considerably cheaper than the Conrad in this sale.
$115/night at the Conrad Bali seems like a great deal and $147 for the Hilton Auckland (one of the best located properties in the city) is fantastic value considering what that property often charges.
A key thing to look out for are properties which charge resort fees as these fees won’t appear in the headline rate that Hilton is publishing – you’ll only see them when the total cost of your trip is calculated.
A property that appears to be good value before the resort fees are accounted for may not be such good value when they’re added in, so be careful what you’re agreeing to before you book.
There look to be some very nice deals on offer in the latest Hilton flash sale but you need to make sure you read the terms and conditions carefully and check for resort fees if you’re to make the very most of the savings on offer.