Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
A new Amex offer has recently dropped into my account which may be of interest to anyone shopping for some new luggage – there are up to 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards Points on offer for shopping made at Tumi stores throughout the US and at Tumi.com.
Get 5 Bonus Points/Dollar At Tumi (Up To 10,000 Points)
Get 5 additional Membership Rewards points for each dollar spent on eligible purchases made using your enrolled Card in-store at TUMI or online at tumi.com by 6/10/2020. Limit of 10,000 Membership Rewards points.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express Cards that are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program at the time of purchase are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Your enrollment does not extend to any other Cards that may be linked to the same Membership Rewards program account (such as Additional Cards).
- Offer is non-transferable.
- Offer valid in-store and via US website at Tumi.com only.
- Valid at any participating location in the US.
- Not valid on purchases shipped outside of the US.
- Excludes outlet locations, airport locations/kiosks and locations within train stations and locations within hotels/casinos.
- Excludes authorized retailers, Tumi corporate gifts and repair services.
- You will receive 5 additional Membership Rewards points per eligible dollar spent using your enrolled American Express Card in accordance with the terms of this offer.
- Limit of 10,000 additional Membership Rewards points per Card Member.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
The key thing to note here is, in order to earn the points, purchases have to be made through Tumi and not through an authorized retailer (like eBags). Because of this, you should be careful that you’re not paying more for an item of luggage than you actually have to just so that you can earn some bonus points (sites like eBags often have special deals that you don’t see on the Tumi website and often offer good cashback through the shopping portals).
Having said that there’s still scope to do well here.
To earn the full 10,000 bonus points you’d have to spend $2,000 on Tumi luggage and, while that’s not very difficult to do, it’s not something that a lot of people will find appealing…so don’t focus on that. Just focus on the fact that you can earn 6 points/dollar (in total) when you shop with Tumi….and that’s pretty good going.
Don’t forget that, although you cannot shop through authorized dealers if you want to trigger the bonus points, you can still shop through portals like Rakuten (2.5% cashback or 2.5 Membership Rewards/dollar) and TopCashback (5% cashback) to earn some points or savings.
The airline shopping portals will also see you earn bonus miles with the AAdvantage portal leading the way with 3 miles/dollar (at the time of writing).
I’m not a Tumi fan and haven’t been for a while (I’ve moved over to Briggs & Riley) but I know that a lot of people still like the luggage so the chance to earn a heap of Membership Rewards points may be appealing…especially if you really need that new carry-on 🙂