Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Accor Hotels is the hotelier that is best known for brands such as Sofitel and Grand Mercure at the more upscale end of the market, Novotel in the middle of the market and Ibis in the budget range… but its reach is far greater than that.
The group completed the acquisitions of the Fairmont and Raffles hotel groups in late 2015, it purchased OneFineStay in April 2016 and it’s slowly building up a pretty impressive footprint across the globe (although it’s still very “Europe heavy”).
Now the hotelier’s loyalty program (Le Club AccorHotels) has introduced a new way for its UK members to earn Club Accor points even when they’re not a guest at an Accor hotel.
Here’s how Accor has made the announcement:
How can you take advantage of this deal?
1 – Log into your member account or Create your account and become a Le Club AccorHotels member in just one click by accepting the GeneraI conditions of Use.
2 – Add your Visa credit card* into My account > See my profile > My payment cards
3 – Pay the bill with your registered Visa credit card and earn your Rewards points.
Participating restaurants are all based in Accor properties and, although the list is quite limited right now, Accor says that it plans to expand it as the program develops.
- Bokan 37 – Novotel London Canary Wharf
- Golden Arrow Restaurant & Bar – Pullman London St Pancras
- Elements Gourmet Bar & Restaurant – Novotel London City South
- Jamboree Foodfest & Bar – Novotel London Blackfriars
- Jamboree Foodfest & Bar – Ibis Styles Manchester Portland
- Keepers Kitchen & Bar – Novotel London Tower Bridge
- Keepers Kitchen & Bar – Mercure Bristol Grand Hotel
- Restaurant – Ibis London Canning Town
Le Club Accor members will earn 1 Reward Point for each € spent in Accor’s bars and restaurants even if you are not staying at the hotel in which you’re dining.
As an introductory offer members will earn double points on all eligible spend through 31 May 2019.
Important Things To Note
The following expenses are not eligible to earn Rewards Points as part of this Offer
- Expenses settled using cash, cheques, luncheon vouchers or any payment card other than Visa.
- Expenses settled using a Visa card other than the one saved to the “My payment cards” section of the Member’s Le Club AccorHotels online account.
- Expenses settled using a Visa card saved to the “My payment cards” section of the Member’s online Le Club AccorHotels account that has expired at the time of the transaction.
Clearly this isn’t an earth-shattering development or an amazing new way to earn more Accor Rewards Points….but it’s a real improvement for UK Le Club Accor members.
Accor introduced a similar program in France towards the end of last year but the hotelier still lags behind a number of other hotel chains which offering members of their loyalty programs the opportunity to earn points at considerably more properties even when they’re not a registered guest (Marriott and IHG are just two examples).
Let’s hope Accor adds more countries and more restaurants to the list of participating locations sooner rather than later.