Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a targeted offer in which it’s offering select cardholders a discount of $60 on spending made with Alaska Airlines by the middle of December 2023.
Spend $300 and get $60 back with Alaska Airlines
Get a one-time $60 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single purchase of $300 or more online at alaskaair.com by 12/17/2023. Flights must originate in the US and be charged in US Dollars.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only on purchases made directly at US website alaskaair.com or via the U.S. Alaska Airlines app.
- Flights must originate in the U.S., including U.S. territories and purchases must be in U.S. dollars to qualify.
- Offer valid only for purchases where Alaska Airlines is the merchant of record, such as airfare, fare upgrades, seat selection fees and baggage fees.
- Excludes in flight spend, flights booked via third parties and electronic gift cards.
- Excludes hotel, car services, packages and travel insurance purchased via Alaska Air website, insurance, Alaska trips, Company store, uniform purchases, Alaska Lounge membership, Alaska Lounge merchandise and day passes, purchase of points/miles, Alaska Airlines Freight and Alaska Lounges/Boardrooms at various locations.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/17/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Amex offers for Alaska Airlines spending aren’t all that common (the last one that I can remember seeing was published almost exactly a year ago), so it’s nice to see this appear in my account.
The main bit of good news here (apart from the news that you can save some cash on your next Alaska Airlines booking) is that the $300 of spending that’s needed to trigger the $60 rebate isn’t restricted to airfare spending. Per the terms of the offer, spending on upgrades, seat selection fees, and baggage fees will contribute to the $300 spending target (although in-flight spending is excluded).
The not so good news is that the $300 target has to be reached in a single transaction so there’s no scope to gradually spend your way to the rebate. It’s all or nothing.
Also, as my Platinum Card hasn’t been targeted for this saving, there’s a chance that the best anyone can do with this offer is to have it targeted to their American Express Green Card or to their American Express Gold card (both would return 3 points/dollar – terms apply) but if that’s the position you find yourself in, that’s still pretty good. I’d be happy with that! 🙂
If you have plans to spend $300 or more with Alaska Airlines in the next three months, you should check your online Amex accounts to see if you’ve been targeted for an offer that could earn you a $60 statement credit.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions of the offer carefully before you hand over your credit card details as not all spending made through the Alaska Airlines website will count towards the offer’s spending requirement. But with airfare, upgrade fees, baggage fees, and seat selection fees all included, this is a deal that most fans of Alaska Airlines should be able to maximize with relative ease.