Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Following on from my earlier reminder for readers to enroll for the retailer offers published for Amex Member Week, this is a reminder that with Member Week ending today, this is also your last chance to book any of the special flight deals that have been available since Monday.
- Air France (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Air New Zealand
- Alaska Airlines
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- KLM (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Qatar Airways
- Virgin Atlantic (Platinum & Centurion cardholders only)
- Member week fares are valid on bookings made by 14 October 2022 (TODAY)
- Member week fares are only available through AmexTravel.com
- Member Fares can only be purchased by using an eligible American Express Card.
- The eligible Card Member must be one of the travelers on the booking.
- Offers, booking and travel dates vary by participating airlines on select routes.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Airline fare rules and restrictions as well as ticket terms and conditions apply and are subject to change at the discretion of the airline.
- Fares are not guaranteed until ticketed.
- Tickets are subject to applicable government-imposed taxes/fees and airline-imposed fees; if baggage, seat-selection or similar items were not included with the tickets, additional fees may apply.
- Member Week fares are not combinable with other offers unless otherwise specified.
- Unused eTicket Flight Credits may not be redeemed towards a Member Week fare.
- Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Changes to tickets (if permitted) may incur an airline-imposed change fee, and/or any difference in fare.
- Cancellations of tickets (if permitted) may incur an airline-imposed cancellation fee.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the relevant Memberweek page.
Who can book Amex Member Week fares?
Any U.S. American Express Card Member is eligible to book select domestic and international flights labeled as Member Week fares across the following airlines: Air New Zealand, Alaska Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Etihad Airways, Finnair, Japan Airlines, Qantas, and Qatar Airways.
Holders of a Platinum Card or Centurion card (Personal and Business included) also have exclusive access to Delta Air Lines, Air France, KLM, and Virgin Atlantic discounts but only on select international routes for First, Business, or Premium Economy tickets.
Finding and booking the fares
You need to be logged in to search for the Member Week fares and because Amex doesn’t appear to have published a list of valid routes or a list of blackout dates for any of the participating airlines, you just have to search for dates that work for you and hope to find a Member Week discount being offered (hardly ideal!).
When your search results are presented, not all of the results will represent Member Week deals but you can remove all the non-discounted fares by using the Member Week filter which you should see to the left of the results.
Look out for fares that look a bit like these ones:
If a search result doesn’t have a “Member Week” banner then it isn’t a promotional fare and keep in mind that some of your search results may not have any Member Week fares at all.
American Express Member Week ends today and so today is the last chance for eligible cardholders to book the specially curated flight deals which are still live on the Amex Travel page.