Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Kimpton, the boutique hotel chain bought by IHG back in 2015, has launched a “Cyber Monday + Giving Tuesday” sale which can be used with immediate effect….so it’s not really a Cyber Monday sale at all. Still, semantics aside this is a sale that could be worth checking out as there are discounts of up to 40% are on offer (albeit on the best flexible rate and not the cheapest rate you’ll find).
For some strange reason the text on Kimpton’s promotion page talks of discounts of up to 25% but, as I’ll show in this post, some properties are definitely advertized as offering discounts of up to 40%.
Here’s what Kimpton has announced:
It’s hearts forward for our extended Cyber Monday + Giving Tuesday offer. Not only will you get 25% off our Best Flexible Rate, we’re also giving back with $5 per night to our charitable partners. We’ve partnered with two of our long time charitable partners that speak to our love of health, wellness, inclusion and diversity. The Trevor Project provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth; while No Kid Hungry offers meals, education and advocacy to prevent childhood hunger. We know great hotel offers help you travel the world. Why not make it a better place, while you’re at it?
The Headline Terms & Conditions
- Stay from November 19, 2018 – March 31, 2019
- Book by November 30, 2018
- Rates are prepaid & non-refundable
- Rates & days of the week vary by hotel
- Subject to availability
- At participating hotels only*
- Blackout dates apply
- IHG® Rewards Club Exclusive Member Offer
*List of participating properties is below Full terms and conditions are on Kimpton’s promotion page.
There are three main things to bear in mind with this promotion:
- The discount on offer is based on the best flexible rate and not the best rate available.
- Even though the discount is based on a flexible rate, bookings made in this promotion are not flexible.
- Not all properties are offering sale prices 7 days a week
What the first two points essentially mean is that the discounts being offered aren’t as large as they may appear and the third point means that you should pay attention to what days of the week your chosen property is offering a discount. That being said there could still be some good deals to be had here. After quick look through the list of participating properties (below) these are the deals that looked appealing to me:
- 35% off at the Kimpton Everly Hotel Los Angeles
- 35% off at the Kimpton Surfcomber Hotel Miami
- 35% off at the Kimpton Hotel Palomar San Diego
- 35% off at the Kimpton Solamar Hotel San Diego
It looks as if pretty much all Kimpton properties are taking part in this sale but just in case any have opted out I’ve listed out the participating properties together with the discounts on offer and when the offer is valid (in alphabetical order by location).