Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
IHG is currently running a promotion it’s calling “Stretch the holiday further” in which it’s offering a free fourth night at select properties in Europe, the Middle East, Asia/Pacific, Australasia/Oceania, and Africa.
- Offer is available to IHG Rewards Club members
- Valid for bookings of 4 consecutive nights at selected participating Hotel Indigo®, Crowne Plaza®, voco™, Staybridge Suites®, Holiday Inn® and Holiday Inn Express® hotels and resorts across Africa, Australia, Europe, French Polynesia, India, Japan, Maldives, Middle East, New Zealand, South East Asia, South Korea, and Vanuatu.
- Valid for qualifying stays booked by 15 March 2020
- Valid for stays from and including 4 February 2020 up to and including 30 September 2020
- Maximum stay length is 8 nights (which includes 2 complimentary nights).
- IHG® Rewards Club Points cannot be used in conjunction with this offer
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
You’ll find the list of participating properties on this dedicated IHG webpage and although it is a shame that InterContinental properties aren’t participating (I would have loved to be able to use this at the InterContinental Bora Bora Resort Thalasso Spa!) there are still some nice/useful properties at which this promotion will work.
The Holiday Inn Old Sydney and the Holiday Inn Darling Harbour both have excellent locations from which to explore the city, there are 13 participating properties in Paris and 42 in London (12 of which are very central) both of which are traditionally expensive cities, there are numerous participating properties all across South East Asia (there are 24 participating properties in Thailand alone) and you would have to be a very choosy traveler if you can’t find a good place to stay in the mass of participating properties across Europe.
Having said all of that, there are two things you need to be aware of:
- It would appear that you have to use this dedicated webpage to book this deal as the promotions rate code (“members stay more”) doesn’t appear to be offered by the main IHG.com booking page.
- The promotion deal may not be the best deal you can find at a given property. Make sure you check all the rates that are on offer and be sure to check what restrictions each rate comes with.
Lastly, don’t forget to rake in as many IHG Rewards points as you can with this promotion by (a) registering for the current IHG bonus points promotion and (b) by using an IHG Rewards credit card (like the IHG Rewards Club Premier Card) to make your reservations.
If you’re considering a trip to one of the regions participating in this promotion there could be some good deals for you in here….just be sure to check the rates carefully and don’t accidentally overpay!