Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
My feelings about Valentine’s day are not suitable for publication in a blog that tries to avoid using profanities and language unbecoming of a civil human being but, as I’m sure there will be a lot of people flying in Emirates aircraft on and around February 14th, I though I’d share what you can expect from the airline around the ultimate Hallmark holiday.
Valentine’s Day In Emirates’ Dubai Lounges
Between 13 and 15 February 2019 Emirates will be altering its offerings in its Dubai First & Business Class lounges to celebrate Valentine’s day and here’s what the airline says you can expect:
- A Valentine’s champagne treat with the lively and generous notes of Moet & Chandon Rosé Impérial
- A selection of Valentine’s inspired cakes and desserts including heart-shaped dark chocolate raspberry truffle, strawberry Eton mess with mini heart sprinkles, red velvet cupcakes and red velvet ice cream
- Valentine’s Day coffee infusions by Coffee Planet & special biscuits from Costa Coffee
- A special Voss water infusion of strawberry & watermelon
- Specially flavoured teas from Dilmah including a spritely chamomile and black iced tea and a rum-based Moroccan mint mojito black iced tea which will be paired with Florentines and cookies
- Emirates’ special pampering services in the lounges like the Timeless Spa and shoe shine services will also have special deals
- Complimentary bottle engraving on purchase of spirits from Le Clos, a fine wines & luxury spirits retailer in the lounge
Valentine’s Day In Emirates’ Worldwide Lounges
Emirates’ lounges outside of Dubai are each getting a slightly different set of “treats” for Valentine’s day…but the color pink and heart-shaped food will never be far away.
Here’s what some of Emirates’ worldwide lounges will be offering:
- Australia Lounges – Mud cake with a chocolate ganache, berry coulis and decorated with white chocolate hearts
- UK Lounges – White chocolate mousse with strawberry and passion fruit
- Boston, LAX & JFK Lounges – Chocolate covered strawberries with coconut flakes
- Shanghai Lounge – Pink macaroon and heart-shaped mousse cakes
- Cairo Lounge – Red velvet torte with cream cheese and strawberry tart
Valentine’s Day Onboard With Emirates
You’re not escaping Valentine’s day just because you’re a few thousand feet in the sky because Emirates has you covered here too….but only on Valentine’s Day itself.
On 14 February Emirates will serve a “special selection of desserts” on “longer flights across its network”.
- Snack baskets in First Class will feature strawberry & cream flavoured Lakrids liquorice
- In First and Business, customers can choose a Strawberry feuilletine with layered white chocolate mousse and strawberry jelly decorated with hearts for an after meal treat
- In Economy Class, customers will be served a dark chocolate mousse topped with candied hearts for dessert
If you’re up in the air and have just realised that you’ve completely forgotten Valentine’s day (and are therefore a few hours away from relationship hell) Emirates onboard duty free may save you – the onboard catalogue has been revamped (apparently) and features “new and exclusive products”.
If you’re flying with Emirates between 13 and 15 February it looks like you’re not going to be able to escape the Valentine’s day “celebrations”….so I suggest you just go with it.
I wouldn’t mind a few glasses of the Moët rosé they’ll be offering in Dubai but everything else looks like a diabetic’s worst nightmare so I’d probably be passing on the assorted heart-shaped deserts and chocolates if I was traveling with Emirates next week….although I’d probably put a couple of the nicer chocolates in my carry-on for Joanna just to prove I’m not always a curmudgeon when it comes to Valentine’s Day 🙂
Featured image courtesy of Emirates