Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
KLM and Air France are back with a new UK sale (presumably to compete with the British Airways sale that’s currently in progress) and with this sale offering deals to North American destinations as well as to destinations in the Caribbean, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa, there should be something here for most people.
As always with these fares, all the offers you’ll see will involve a connection in either Amsterdam or Paris but, considering how much cheaper these deals are than some of the non-stop fares to the same destinations, a few hours in Schiphol or CDG looks more than worthwhile.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Book by 16 September 2019
- Prices advertised are subject to change without notice before a booking is confirmed.
- Please check exact price and conditions applicable for your chosen dates and flights at time of booking.
- All prices are for return Economy and/or Business Class tickets, per passenger and include taxes and charges.
- Prices may change to less or more than the advertised fares at short notice as prices and availability are updated frequently.
- Seat availability may be very limited at the prices advertised for desired travel dates, travel periods can vary and blackout periods may apply.
- Check-in baggage allowance may differ. Please check at the time of booking.
- Credit card surcharge may apply up to a maximum of £20 per ticket.
- Prices are based upon departures from London Heathrow via Amsterdam and may involve connecting flights.
- Flights may be operated by airline partners in which case KLM products and services may not be available at the airport or on-board.
- Conditions of carriage and fare rules apply.
- Tickets may not be changeable or refundable after booking and additional charges may be payable.
- For non-flexible tickets booked, tickets are only valid for the dates shown, and first sector must be flown to avoid cancellation of all sectors booked.
- Prices shown are our lowest available and may not be part of the Dream Deals offer.
Roundtrip Business Class From London Heathrow
Note: a number of the headline fares that you’ll see on the sale page are showing a higher price than what you’ll be quoted when you click through – if you see a destination you’d like to go to but if the headline fare seems high make sure you price it up before you dismiss it.
- Abu Dhabi – from £1,117
- Aruba – from £1,697
- Bangalore – from £1,618
- Bogota – from £1,536
- Boston – from £1,628
- Chicago – from £1,531
- Delhi – from £1,377
- Dubai – from £1,217
- Fortaleza – from £1,567
- Havana – from £1,727
- Houston – from £1,583
- Miami – from £1,683
- Montreal – from £1,438
- Mumbai – from £1,607
- Muscat – from £1,538
- New York – from £1,348
- Quito – from £1,646
- San Francisco – from £1,572
- Seattle – from £1,534
- Seoul – from £1,487
- Toronto – from £1,438
- Vancouver – from 1,664
- Washington D.C. – from £1,497
Further similar deals are available from most major UK airports.
£1,217 to Dubai and £1,117 to Abu Dhabi are two fares that will probably stick out for a lot of people looking to escape the UK winter and the good news is that these fares appear to be widely available during months where the weather in the UAE is likely to be least oppressive.
There are some very nice deals to North America with the £1,348 fare to New York, the £1,534 fare to Seattle and the £1,572 fare to San Francisco being just three examples….but make sure you check the BA Sale for the price of non-stop flights before you dive in with KLM/Air France.
Elsewhere, Aruba at £1,697 looks good (especially as the island enjoys a lot of the positive benefits of the Caribbean without being in the hurricane belt), as do the roundtrip Business Class fares to Seoul (£1,487), Mexico City (£1,493), Rio de Janeiro (£1,677) and Muscat (£1,538).
Aircraft & Cabins
Make sure you’re careful to check which aircraft are operating on which routes as the Business Class cabins on offer can vary significantly.
If you happen to find a good fare for travel on an Air France A380 bear in mind that the Business Class seats are a throwback to the 1990s while most, for example, most of the Air France 777-300ER Business Class seats are excellent.
I suggest that you take extra care in making sure you check the seat maps of the aircraft in your proposed itinerary before you book.
Ideally, you should be booking into Business Class cabins that have a 1-2-1 seating layout like this:
And avoiding Business Class cabins that have six seats in a single row…like this:
The differences between the good cabins and the poor ones can be stark and you’ll have a considerably better trip if you manage to stick to the more modern seats and cabins.
There are some very good deals on offer here considering the fares are for departures out of the UK. I’m not going to try to claim that all the fares on offer are the best we’ve ever seen from Air France & KLM (some are and some are not) but there’s definitely quite a bit of value to be had here….especially if you book one of the more modern Business Class cabins.