Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Accor is currently running a sale in which it’s offering up to 40% off rates at Fairmont & Sofitel properties in the US and Mexico for stays through the end of the year and this should stack nicely with an Amex offer that has appeared in targeted accounts that gives cardholders a nice rebate.
The Accor Sale – Key Terms
- Book by 6 September 2021 (here)
- Stay through 31 December 2021 (stay dates may vary by property).
- Save up to 30% compared to the fully flexible rate by booking promotional rate with deposit.
- Offer is subject to availability at time of reservation at participating Accor, Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Swissotel locations in North & Central America.
- The percentage off is calculated based on the room rate at time of reservation and varies by property and stay duration.
- No minimum advance purchase required, 1-night prepaid, fully-refundable (except Faena Miami Beach), non-transferable deposit is required at time of reservation.
- House cancellation policy applies.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Members of ALL –Accor Live Limitless enjoy an additional 10% discount at participating Fairmont and Swissotel hotels in North & Central America. Members must present their card upon check-in at the hotel (or their member number if they have not yet received their card). Maximum 2 rooms at the Members’ Rate can be booked per member, per staying date.
Full terms and conditions of the Accor sale can be found on the sale page.
The Amex Offer – Save $100
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $500 USD or more on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Fairmont and Sofitel Hotels & Resorts from 6/1/2021 to 9/30/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts in the US and Mexico.
- Reservations for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts must be made online at Fairmont.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-800-257-7544. Reservations for Sofitel Hotels & Resorts must be made online at Sofitel.com, via the AccorHotels app or by calling 1-855-799-6633. Reservations for both Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts can also be made at all.accor.com.
- Excludes all other Accor Hotel Brands, including Sofitel Legend, SO/, and M Gallery.
- Not valid on honeymoon registries, Willow Stream Spa services and online booking golf tee times purchased with Fairmont.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and Sofitel Hotels and Resorts property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
Ordinarily, the fact that the Amex offer is only valid for stays in the US and Mexico would be a little disappointing but considering the state of the world right now and the fact that a lot of countries are still discouraging visitors, I suspect this won’t be an issue for most.
Keep in mind that members of Accor’s ALL rewards program get an extra 10% discount on top of the published sale prices (non-members can only save up to 30%) so if you’re not already a member of the program, make sure you sign up for free here.
As far as the Amex credit cards go, hopefully, you’ve had this offer targeted to the Amex Green Card (assuming you have one) which will return 3 Membership Rewards Points/dollar on all travel spending and is Amex’s best all-around travel card. If like me, you don’t have a Green Card, the next best card to use would probably be the Blue Business Plus Card (review) which offers cardholder 2 Membership Rewards Points/dollar on the first $50,000 of spending (across all categories).
American Express is now targeting select cardholders with an offer for a $100 on $500 of spending at Fairmont and Sofitel properties in the United States and Mexico. The offer is valid through the end of September and should stack nicely with the current Accor sale which is offering up to 40% off a variety of properties though the end of the year.