Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Iberia has brought back the 25% discount on awards promotion that we saw early last year only this time around the carrier has improved the deal by not restricting the offer to Economy Class redemptions.
Save 25% On Iberia Avios Bookings
- Exclusive offer for Iberia Plus members resident in the United States of a 25% discount when purchasing redemption tickets (spending Avios) in all classes available for Iberia routes between the United States and Madrid.
- Offer valid for redemption tickets in all classes available for routes connecting New York, Boston, Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Chicago to Madrid, in either direction.
- The offer applies to tickets purchased (one way or return) between 18 and 27 March 2019
- Travel between 1 September and 14 December 2019, inclusive.
- The offer does not apply to IB5XXX, IB26XX, IB7XXX, and IB8XXX flights, LEVEL flights or the Iberia Air Shuttle.
- The offer does not cover the applicable charges.
- This promotion is personal and offered exclusively to Iberia Plus members resident in the United States.
- Valid except for typographical error or omission.
- It cannot be used in conjunction with other promotions to spend Avios which are valid during the same period.
What You Need To Know
Iberia’s award chart is distance based and is divided into peak and off-peak seasons:
Here’s Iberia’s calendar showing peak dates in red (click to enlarge):
Iberia Plus is a transfer partner for Chase Ultimate Rewards and American Express Membership Rewards and you can also transfer Avios from the British Airways Executive Club if your Iberia Plus account has seen some activity.
The best deals here will be for Business Class redemptions as the taxes and surcharges on Economy Class awards will probably make them uncompetitive (although Iberia charges lower surcharges than British Airways).
With one-way Business Class awards starting at a little over 25,000 there’s genuine value to be had here. Sadly, if you took part in last year’s big Iberia Plus promotion and managed to leave yourself with a negative Iberia Plus balance this deal won’t be all that attractive to you but, for every one else, this could be an economical way to get to Europe in a bit of comfort.
[HT: Frequent Miler]