Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex is now running an offer for stays at select Mandarin Oriental properties that matches a Mandarin Oriental offer that ended in January of this year – cardholders can save up to $100 on stays at select properties in the United States and select European cities.
Spend $500 & Save $100 With Mandarin Oriental
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single purchase of $500 USD or more on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Mandarin Oriental properties in the US and select European cities from 6/27/2022 to 9/15/2022.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group properties in the US, in London, United Kingdom and the following European Cities:
- Paris, France
- Munich, Germany
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Madrid, Spain
- Reservations must be made online at mandarinoriental.com, in-person or by calling (800) 526-6566.
- Not valid on gift card and e-gift card purchases.
- Excludes Residences, third party bookings, and any service or amenity not charged to a room.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Mandarin Oriental property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount of at least $500 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 9/15/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Mandarin Oriental has five properties within the United States so this offer is valid at ten of the chain’s properties in total. That’s not exactly a broad selection from which to choose and the fact that the properties in, Barcelona, Prague, Istanbul, Lake Como, and Milan are not participating is a little disappointing. Still, this is an improvement on the bad old days when some Amex Mandarin Oriental promotions only applied to 3 properties (all of which were in the United States).
Moreover, considering the cost of a night at a Mandarin Oriental property can often exceed $500, this should be a pretty easy offer to use for anyone looking to stay in one of the participating locations before the middle of September.
I’ve chosen to load this card to card_name (review) because even though I’m also seeing it on card_name, the 2 points/dollar that card_name offers me on up to $50,000 of eligible spending per year (1 point/dollar thereafter – terms apply) is a better return than I’ll get from the more premium card.
Others, however, may be able to better – if you’ve been targeted for this offer on your card_name, for example, you’ll earn 3 points/dollar (terms apply).
Note: All information about the American Express® Green Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The American Express® Green Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Amex has released a targeted offer in which travelers can earn a rebate of $100 on stays made at select Mandarin Oriental properties through the middle of September 2022. If you’ve been targeted for this offer (I suspect most cardholders will see this in their accounts), make sure you save it to the card that will earn you the most points for your stay.
Featured image: Mandarin Oriental Miami courtesy of Mandarin Oriental