Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex has launched a new offer for stays at select Mandarin Oriental properties in the United States. As Amex offers go, this one is quite limiting but based on the cards that I have had it targeted to, it looks to be widely available so a lot of people should see it on one or more of their cards.
Spend $500 & Save $100 With Mandarin Oriental
Get a one-time $100 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $500+ on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at participating Mandarin Oriental US hotels from 02/08/21 to 04/30/21.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group properties in Boston, Miami, and Washington, D.C.
- Reservations must be made online at U.S. website mandarinoriental.com, in-person or by calling (800) 526-6566.
- Excludes New York location.
- Not valid on gift card and e-gift card purchases.
- Excludes Residences, third party bookings, and any service or amenity not charged to a room, All international hotels and websites are excluded.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. The enrolled Card account must not be cancelled or past due to receive statement credit.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/30/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Mandarin Oriental only has four properties within the United States so it’s a little disappointing that this offer doesn’t apply to all four properties. The reason to exclude the New York Mandarin Oriental may have something to do with the fact that the property doesn’t appear to be taking reservations for stays before 1 April, but considering this offer runs through to the end of April I’m not sure that’s a good enough excuse for not including the property.
Still, considering the cost of a night at a Mandarin Oriental property can often exceed $500, this should be a pretty easy offer to use for anyone looking to stay in one of the participating locations before the end of April.
I’ve chosen to load this card on to my Blue Business Plus card from American Express because it hasn’t been targeted to any of my other cards that offer a bonus for travel or hotel spending (the 2 points/dollar that the Blue Business Plus card offers me is a better return than I’ll get on any other card). If you’ve been targeted for this offer, hopefully, you’ll see it on a card like the Amex Green Card which will earn you, amongst other bonuses, 3 points/dollar on travel.
Amex has released a targeted offer in which travelers can earn a rebate of $100 on stays made at select Mandarin Oriental properties through April 2021. If you’ve been targeted for this offer (I suspect most cardholders will see this in their accounts), make sure you save it to the card that will earn you the most points for your stay.
Featured image: Mandarin Oriental Miami courtesy of Mandarin Oriental