Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Singapore Airlines has published its ‘Spontaneous Escapes‘ for August 2019 and once again we’re seeing the airline offering discounts of up to 30% on Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy Class award bookings on select routes.
For this set of Spontaneous Escapes travel needs to be booked by 31 July and needs to be taken between 1 and 31 August 2019 (except for the Premium Economy deal for travel between Singapore and Los Angeles and where blackout dates apply).
Headline Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights.
- The promotion is not valid for codeshare flights.
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 – 31 July 2019 GMT+8, all dates inclusive, for travel between 1 to 31 August 2019 (GMT+8) for all destinations except to/from Los Angeles or 1 to 30 September 2019 (GMT+8) for travel between Singapore and Los Angeles, all dates inclusive.
- All travel must be completed by 31 August 2019 GMT+8 or 1 to 30 September 2019 (GMT+8) for flights between Singapore and Los Angeles. If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any waitlist redemption that is confirmed after 31 July 2019 (GMT+8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- This promotion cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion.
- This promotion is applicable to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency. The discount is not applicable to taxes and fees.
- The 30% discount level is only applied on the number of KrisFlyer miles required for an Economy Class Saver award ticket. It does not apply to commercial tickets purchased with part miles, part cash. Taxes and fees are separately charged and payable and are not subject to any discount.
- All redemptions are subject to seat availability at the time of booking.
- KrisFlyer terms and conditions apply.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to change the eligible destinations, flight numbers, and travel dates, without prior notice.
- KrisFlyer reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions or terminate this promotion without prior notice at their own sole discretion.
Cost is for one-way travel excluding taxes and fees.
Business Class Deals
Southeast Asia Routes:
- Singapore – Kuala Lumpur (on select flights) – 13,300 miles
- Kuala Lumpur – Singapore (on select flights) – 13,300 miles
- Singapore – Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City (on select flights) – 15,050 miles
- Hanoi/Ho Chi Minh City – Singapore (on select flights) – 15,050 miles
North Asia Routes:
- Singapore – Osaka (on select flights) – 32,900 miles*
- Osaka – Singapore (on select flights) – 32,900 miles*
- Singapore – Tokyo (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
- Tokyo – Singapore (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
- Singapore – Seoul (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
- Seoul – Singapore (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
- Singapore – Beijing/Shanghai (on select flights) – 27,300 miles*
- Beijing/Shanghai – Singapore (on select flights) – 27,300 miles*
South Asia Routes:
- Singapore – New Delhi (on select flights) – 27,300 miles
- New Delhi – Singapore (on select flights) – 27,300 miles
- Singapore – Frankfurt (on select flights) – 64,400 miles
*Blackout dates apply
Example Premium Economy Deals
North Asia Routes:
- Singapore – Beijing/Shanghai (on select flights) – 22,400 miles
- Beijing/Shanghai – Singapore (on select flights) – 22,400 miles
- Singapore – Seoul (on select flights) – 24,150 miles
- Seoul – Singapore (on select flights) – 24,150 miles
North America Route (1 – 30 September 2019):
- Singapore – Los Angeles (on select flights) – 47,600 miles
- Los Angles – Singapore (on select flights) – 47,600 miles
*Blackout dates apply
No Business Class deals to/from North America this time around but at least the Premium Economy deal for Los Angeles works in both directions.
Don’t forget that taxes and fees will be added to all of these flights (Singapore Airlines loves to add fees to its awards) but, even with those added, some of the deals on offer look solid.