Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
With Amazon Prime Day just hours away and with a lot of people already shopping for the holidays, Citi has just started dropping a very nice deal into the inboxes of targeted cardholders with an offer of 10% back (up to a maximum of $25) on all eligible online spending at Amazon.com
- Enrolment is required (via the link in the targeted email)
- The offer starts upon enrollment and will end on 10/31/2020.
- Earnings associated with this program will equal 10% back on eligible purchases that will be posted as a credit on your account and may overlap with other special offers in which you are currently enrolled.
- Total earnings associated with this offer are subject to a maximum of $25.
- To qualify for this offer, the merchant must tag your eligible online purchase as having been made online.
- Your Amazon purchases must post to your account through 10/31/2020. Delays by the merchant, such as shipping, could extend the date that your purchases post beyond the promotional period.
- Returned items don’t qualify as eligible purchases and will not count towards the threshold.
- An eligible purchase is a purchase at Amazon.com of a product sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC (look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page) as well as purchases using Amazon Pay.
- Balance transfers, cash advances, checks that access your Card Account, items returned for credit, unauthorized charges, interest and account fees, traveler’s checks, foreign currency purchases, money orders, wire transfers (and similar cash-like transactions), lottery tickets, gaming chips (and similar betting transactions), Citi Flex Loans and the creation of Citi Flex Pays, are not purchases.
- Statement credits will be posted to the primary cardmember’s account in 1-2 billing cycles.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable and applies to the account ending in the last 4 digits referenced in this offer.
The key thing to note is that it doesn’t appear as if gift cards are excluded from this promotion (they’re not referenced in the terms and conditions) but there’s no way to know that they’ll definitely trigger the saving until we start seeing statement credits posting…and by then it will be too late to do anything about it.
Personally, I’ll be buying gift cards if Prime Day is a bust for me as I know that I’ll always use up the gift cards but this is very much a YMMV situation. For some, locking up cash in a gift card that ends up costing face value isn’t a clever move so make sure you understand the risks if you plan to buy a gift card or two.
I’ve had this offer targeted to my Citi Premier card but there’s no reason to believe that other Citi cards aren’t being targeted too. If you hold a Citi card and haven’t received details of this promotion, check your junk/spam folders for an email with the following subject line: “[Your first name], Earn 10% back on eligible Amazon.com purchases.”.
Citi is targeting cardholders for a discount of up to $25 at Amazon.com. Registration is required so make sure you click through the email you should have received from Citi if you’ve been fortunate enough to be targeted.
Have you been targeted? If so, on what card?