Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Chase is sending out emails to Marriott Rewards credit card holders inviting them to register for a promotion which earns them bonus points for spending through 31 March 2019.
Based on the T&Cs of my offer it looks as if Chase is varying the promotion from person to person so, if you have a Chase Marriott Rewards credit card but haven’t received an offer, I suggest checking your spam filters/folders in case it has been caught up there.
2019 isn’t getting off to a great start for me as far as offers go – first IHG sets me a very uninteresting set of tasks in its first promotion of 2019 and now Chase’s follows that up with an offer that’s incredibly weak.
Chase is offering me 2,000 Marriott Rewards points in exchange for spending $4,000 on my Marriott Rewards Visa card by 31 March 2019.
On the basis that I value 2,000 points at around $12 Chase isn’t exactly tempting me into blowing the cobwebs off my card!
Here are the headline T&Cs:
- To be eligible for this bonus offer, you must enroll by 03/31/19 11:59 p.m. ET.
- You will qualify for and receive your bonus if you make Purchases with your credit card that total an amount at or above the specified target amount during the promotional period.
- Purchases posted to your account with a transaction date during the offer period are eligible for this offer.
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after qualifying for bonus points to post to your account.
- Purchases do not include balance transfers, cash advances, travelers checks, foreign currency, money orders, wire transfers or similar cash-like transactions, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, race track wagers or similar betting transactions, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.
- To qualify for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
The full T&Cs can be found on the offer Chase sends you and on the webpage it links to.
Once you’ve registered for the promotion (via the link in the email Chase has sent out) you should see a confirmation similar to this one:
It will be interesting to see what offers other Marriott rewards Visa card holders get because my offer certainly isn’t enough to get me to use my card.
I currently use my legacy Starwood Amex card for all my Marriott spend as it earns me 1 point/dollar more at Marriott/Starwood properties than the Chase card so, even if I had $4,000 of Marriott spend coming up (I’d only ever use my Marriott Visa card for Marriott spend), I would still be better off putting that spend on the Amex card – Chase clearly hasn’t thought this through.
Any readers get a better offer than this one?