Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
While I was away enjoying a break in the Southern Hemisphere KLM launched a Business Class sale for departures out of the UK. This sale is still in progress (I can’t seem to find an end date) and some of the fares on offer are very attractive indeed.
KLM UK Business Class Sale – Terms
- Prices are starting from displayed fare.
- Prices advertised are subject to change without notice before a booking is confirmed. Please check exact price and conditions applicable for your chosen dates and flights at time of booking.
- All prices are for return Business Class tickets per passenger and include taxes and charges.
- Prices may change to less or more than the advertised fares at short notice as prices and availability are updated frequently.
- Seat availability may be very limited at the prices advertised for desired travel dates, travel periods can vary and blackout periods may apply.
- Credit card surcharge of 2% may apply up to a maximum of £20.
- Prices are based upon departures via Amsterdam and may involve connecting flights.
- Flights may be operated by airline partners in which case KLM products and services may not be available at the airport or on-board.
- Conditions of carriage and fare rules apply. Tickets may not be changeable or refundable after booking and additional charges may be payable. For non-flexible tickets booked, tickets are only valid for the dates shown, and first sector must be flown to avoid cancellation of all sectors booked.
You’ll find all the Business Class sale fare on the sale page but here are a few fares that I think stand out.
Roundtrip Business Class From London Heathrow
- Aruba – from £1,660
- Bogota – from £1,447
- Bonaire – from £1,702
- Delhi – from £1,378
- Johannesburg – from £1,465
- Mumbai – from £1,518
- Nairobi – from £1,691
- Panama City – from £1,546
- Saint Martin – from £1,545
- Zanzibar – from £1,708
Further similar deals are available from most major UK airports.
A big thing worth remembering is that all these fares will require a connection in either Paris or Amsterdam – these are not non-stop deals that KLM is offering….and some routes may involve travel on Air France aircraft.
Although it’s disappointing not to see any good fares to North America (and no sale fares at all to the Middle East or Asia) there are some great fares on offer – prices like £1,545 to Saint Martin and £1,465 to Johannesburg are pretty good for departures out of the UK.
Make sure you’re careful to check which aircraft are operating on which routes as the Business Class cabins on offer can vary quite significantly.
If you happen to find a fare on an Air France A380 bear in mind that the Business Class seats are a throwback to the 1990’s while most of the Air France 777-300ER Business Class seats are excellent (for example).
I suggest that you take extra care make sure you check the seat maps of the aircraft in your proposed itinerary before you book.
Ideally you should be booking into Business Class cabins that have a 1-2-1 seating layout throughout…..like this:
And avoiding Business Class cabins that have six seats in a single row…like this:
The differences between the good cabins and the poor ones are stark and you’ll have a considerably better trip if you manage to stick to the more modern seats and cabin.