Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Back in April Etihad unveiled a promotion in which it was offering flyers in all cabins a two-night complimentary stopover in Abu Dhabi for travel through to 15 July 2019. Now, thanks to the popularity of the promotion, Etihad has extended this deal to include travel through to the end of 2019.
Free 2-Night Stopover With Etihad
Clearly Etihad isn’t going to pay for you to stay at the hotel of your choice (the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi would have been nice!) but the airline is offering all passengers a choice of over 20 properties for a free 2-night stopover in Abu Dhabi.
Guests can choose from a range of hotels located across Abu Dhabi including (but not limited to) the following:
- Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
- Intercontinental Abu Dhabi
- Dusit Thani Abu Dhabi
- Pearl Rotana
- Courtyard by Marriott WTC
- Crowne Plaza Abu Dhabi
- Radisson Blu Abu Dhabi
Here’s how to book the trip and the links you’ll need:
The key here is to use the multi-city booking option when selecting your flights and making sure you leave yourself two nights in Abu Dhabi to take advantage of the free hotel nights.
The full terms and conditions of this promotion have been reproduced at the end of this post.
Alternative For Premium Cabin Passengers
Passengers traveling in Business Class, Firsrt Class or the Residence can either make the most of the offer mentioned above or they can book a Premium Stopover package.
Business Class flyers receive a single free night’s stay in a 5-star hotel in Abu Dhabi, and First Class flyers receive two free nights’ accommodation. Etihad customers flying in The Residence will be treated to two complimentary nights at the Khaleej Suite at the Luxurious Emirates Palace.
The hotels on offer for this premium promotion are generally of a higher rating than the hotels the main promotion offers (although there is some overlap) and is going to be the better option for First Class passengers and passengers booked into the Residence….but not necessarily for Business Class passengers.
Business Class passengers only get a single free night under the terms of the Premium Cabin promotion so, if you’re booked into Business Class and want a 2-night stopover, the main promotion is the one to go for.
2-Nights In Abu Dhabi – Terms & Conditions
Here’s the full list of terms and conditions which you should read very carefully (link to offer page)
Etihad Free Stopover Terms and Conditions:
- The “Free Stopover” program is available to guests from all origins on the Etihad global network when transiting via Abu Dhabi to any destination on the Etihad global or EAP network. The offer is only available for transiting guests with a minimum stay of 24 hours in Abu Dhabi
- The Economy Free Stopover” program is only valid for bookings paid and confirmed Online only – no bookings will be accepted via email or via the Etihad Call Centers
- The stopover conditions of the applicable fare of your ticket will apply, including additional charges for adding a stopover plus any applicable taxes. Please read the terms and conditions on your ticket carefully.
- The offer is valid for bookings made in any Fare Choice within any Class on Etihad Airways, except for frequent flyer redemption bookings, award upgrades or cash plus miles promotions.
- The offer is valid for travel & hotel accommodation from the 10 April 2019 – 31 December 2019, excluding Blackout dates during major events and conferences. Please check availability online at the time of booking
- The offer is only valid for adults traveling on return tickets and is applicable on one direction only via Abu Dhabi. The lead person on the booking must be at least 21 years old
- Occupancy up to a maximum two adults and one child below 12 years on existing bedding is applicable for Abu Dhabi Stopover, and will be offered on bed and breakfast basis for the qualifying number of nights. Extra beds me available upon request and will be payable directly with the hotel.
- It will not be possible to upgrade to a higher class of room/suite once booked on the Etihad Free Stopover Promotion
- Travel companions must travel on the same dates and flights with the guests eligible for the offer to be eligible to share accommodation. Bookings cannot be separated to avail multiple free accommodation offers
- One way ticket journeys which include a transit in Abu Dhabi more than 24 hours will be eligible to book the stopover promotion
- Any amendments or changes on flight tickets during the campaign period completed to include a minimum 24 hour stopover will be eligible for the free economy stopover program (regardless of original issuance date)
- If a booking includes multiple booking classes (e.g. partly in First Class and partly in Business Class), the offer will be based on the booking class on the longer flight sector.
- Partially completed travel will result in the commercial value of the complimentary night’s offer being deducted from any refund claimed on the remaining unused airfare.
- “Stopover programs” are subject to daily hotel allocation and as a result, all accommodation is subject to availability at time of booking online only.
- For hotel bookings in Abu Dhabi, an additional fee of AED 15 per room/ night is applicable and has to be paid directly by the guest at the hotel.
- Abu Dhabi Stopover is valid for travel & hotel accommodation (from 10 April 2019 – 31 December 2019) excluding Blackout dates during major events and conferences. Please check availability online at the time of booking
- “Stopover programs” is a voluntary promotion run by Etihad Airways and can be withdrawn at any time at the discretion of the airline(s).
- All accommodation must be pre-booked based on the promotional sales period only (from 10 April 2019 – 01 December 2019) no hotel reservations will be permitted beyond this date, regardless of flight ticket issuance date or actual travel dates
- Any reservations made directly with a hotel do not qualify for the offer and cannot be amended by Etihad/Hala Abu Dhabi without exception.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion run by Etihad or the participating hotels. Hotel accommodation is subject to availability and we reserve the right to offer an alternative hotels. No liability will be accepted where flight bookings have been made and/or tickets issued if no hotel availability exists.
- All extra charges incurred during the stay (e.g. breakfast, meals, laundry, room service, telephone etc.) are the responsibility of the guest and need to be paid directly to the hotel upon check-out and a credit card will be requested upon check-in as security against other services which are offered at an additional charge.
- In the event of cancellation, please contact the “Stopover” team on [email protected] within a minimum of 7 working days to avoid cancellation charges. Cancellation charges apply where a full 7 days’ notice has not been received prior to arrival at the hotel. Specific and more restrictive cancellation charges will apply during peak periods e.g. public holidays, exhibitions, conferences, special events, Eid Holidays, Christmas and New Year. The cancellation charges for the respective hotel will be informed at the time of booking. Exceptions might apply.
- The offer is not valid for any bookings done via the Etihad Call Center or via Email
- The offers are not available for guests whose final destination is Abu Dhabi or Dubai.
- The offers are not valid for guests originating their journey from the United Arab Emirates.
- The offers are not valid for unaccompanied minors or children travelling without an adult over 21 years of age.
- The offers are not valid on staff tickets, travel industry-discounted tickets or group bookings.
- Visas are not provided for Abu Dhabi Stopover within this promotion. UAE Visas can be purchased directly by the guest via the website http://www.etihad.com/en-ae/before-you-fly/visas/
- No liability will be accepted where flight bookings have been made and/or tickets issued if no hotel availability exists.
- The offers are not valid in conjunction with any other promotional offer.