Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Qatar Airways Easy Deals are the airline’s discounted award fares that work along similar lines to Flying Blue’s Promo Awards. I’ve only recently started paying attention to these deals and I’m already wishing I’d noticed how good they can be some time ago – if you can make the routings to/from Doha work for you there are some amazing deals to be had.
Qatar Airways Easy Deals – Important Info
I’ll post the full terms and conditions later on in this post by, for now, these are the key points you need to know:
- Travel to be booked by 31 July 2019
- Travel to be taken by 31 August or, for select flights, between 1 September and 30 November 2019
- One-way and roundtrip bookings are permitted
- Business Class and Economy Class awards are discounted
- Discounts vary between 30% and 50%
- Unless otherwise stated, discounts are only available on flights to/from Doha
Business Class Discounts
All the Business Class discounts on offer range between 30% and 50% and the list of destinations by the discount offered can be found via this link.
The discounts are primarily being offered to/from Doha and are shown in the tables below.
For Travel By 31 August 2019
Click to enlarge
Travel Between 1 September & 30 November 2019
Click to enlarge
The key thing to note here is that you have to be logged in to your Qatar Airways Privilege Club account to see these deals – if you’re not logged in you’re likely to see an error which looks like this:
Also, be aware that you can use the Qatar Airways Qcalculator to see how much awards would normally cost (to ensure you’re getting the deal you think you’re getting).
I’m going to focus on the destinations on offer for travel between 1 September and 30 November as I suspect they’re the ones that will be of most interest to readers.
Clearly, each person’s travel plans and location will dictate which of these deals are the most attractive but the ones that look most tempting to me are the Business Class awards between Europe and Doha….although there’s an amazing Qsuites deal on offer to/from South America as well.
Right now you can book Qatar Airways Business Class for travel between Manchester (UK) and Doha for just 29,000 one-way or 58,000 roundtrip (+ taxes)…
….or, because Qatar Airways bases the cost of its awards on the distance traveled, you can book a shorter trip (like Bucharest – Doha) for just 21,000 miles one-way or 42,000 miles roundtrip.
That’s fantastic value!
The pick of the deals, however, lies in travel to/from South America.
Sao Paulo falls into the 50% discount bracket in the latest Easy Deals promo so a one-way Business Class fare costs just 54,250 and a roundtrip Business Class fare just 108,500…..and it gets better!
With the Buenos Aires – Sao Paulo route also offered at 50% discount you could actually fly Buenos Aires – Sao Paulo – Doha in Business Class for just 54,250 miles…
….and that’s a route on which Qatar Airways offers the Qsuites!
17+ hours enjoying the Qatar Airways Qsuites and the great onboard food and drinks for just 54,250 miles is one of the best deals we’re likely to see this year.
If you’re the fortunate position of having a stash of Citi ThankYou points you can convert these over to the Qatar Privilege Club in a ratio of 1:1 and then book these awards through QatarAirways.com.
I value Citi ThankYou points at a conservative 1.5 cents/point so here’s what the routes I’ve mentioned would effectively cost (taxes & fees to be added):
- Manchester – Doha: $435/$870 (one-way/roundtrip)
- Bucharest – Doha: $315/$630
- Buenos Aires/Sao Paulo – Doha: ~$814/~$1,628
Thos are mind-blowingly good fares for those routes…even after taxes and fees are added in.
Make sure you read the terms and conditions (below) so you know exactly what’s being offered and make sure you check the normal cost of awards so you know what’s a good deal and what isn’t.
The offer for Business Class travel to/from Sao Paulo/Buenos Aires is the clear winner in the value stakes but I suspect most readers will do best focusing on the deals to/from Europe….even the 40% discount routes offer great value.
Full Terms & Conditions (Per Qatar Airways)
● Only applicable on Qatar Airways Marketed and Operated flights.
● Discount applicable only for online Award tickets redeemed at qmiles.com or Qatar Airways Mobile App.
● Booking Period: 7 July 2019 – 31 July 2019
● Flight Period 1: 7 July 2019 – 31 August 2019
● Flight Period 2: 1 September 2019 – 30 November 2019
● To enjoy this offer member needs to quote the Promo Code: SKYTRAX19. Promo code is case sensitive.
● Percentage discount is applicable only on the eligible sector mentioned in the communication.
● If the eligible sector is a part of your itinerary then applicable discount (discounted Qmiles for the eligible sector) will be deducted from the total Qmiles required.
● Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
● Redemptions are valid for anyone the member chooses. Each redemption may include up to 9 passengers on the same transaction.
● A member can redeem unlimited number of Easy Deals Awards.
● Regular award ticket terms and conditions apply. Changes in the ticket dates/route which are not promotional will be subject to the corresponding fees and additional Qmiles will be charged.
● If some sectors of the trip are not within the offer period or part of the promotional sectors, those sectors will be charged at regular Qmiles.
● Award seats are limited and subject to availability.
● Not valid for flexi awards.
● Easy Deals discount is not valid on Multi Sector booking.
[…] Fly 17+ Hours In The Qatar Airways Qsuites For Just 54,250 Miles! […]
Comments are closed.