Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
If you happen to be visiting a city in the Middle East, Africa, India, Greater China or parts of the Asia-Pacific region IHG has an offer that may be a nice money saver – you can save up to 30% on dining at IHG properties even if you’re not a guest of the property in question.
The discounts are on offer through 30 December 2019 (IHG has been careful to exclude New Year) and will vary depending on the IHG status a visitor holds and on the location of the property.
For restaurants in the Middle East, India & Africa…
- Club members & Gold members get savings of 25%
- Platinum Elite, Spire Elite, and InterContinental Ambassador members get savings of 30%
For restaurants in Greater China and parts of the Asia-Pacific region…
- Club members & Gold members get savings of 10%
- Platinum Elite, Spire Elite, and InterContinental Ambassador members get savings of 15%
To get the published discounts, IHG Rewards members simply need to present their membership card (in physical or digital form) before paying for their meal.
This is a very similar promotion to the one which Marriott is running in the Asia-Pacific region (except for the fact that Marriott’s offer also applies to alcoholic beverages while IHG’s does not).
There are a number of terms and conditions you should be aware of (like the fact that this offer applies to a maximum of 8 guests) so be sure to read the terms and conditions (reproduced below) carefully.
It’s disappointing that alcoholic beverages are excluded but it’s good to see that all meal services are eligible for this discount and that a lot of the major hotels in the participating regions are included (like the InterContinental Sydney, InterContinental Bali, InterContinental Singapore and all the InterContinental properties in the UAE).
This is one of those offers that’s easy to forget about once you’re traveling so if you think you’ll be able to take advantage of these discounts, make sure you make a note of this deal somewhere or make a concerted effort to remember that it exists.
[HT: The Shutterwhale]
Terms & Conditions
- The IHG® Rewards Club Member food and beverage discount is applicable at participating restaurants and bars at IHG® hotels and is available from 1 July 2019 to 30 December 2019 to all IHG® Rewards Club members dining at IHG® hotels located in India, Middle East, Africa, South East Asia, Korea and Australia with or without a stay at the participating hotel.
- For details of the participating IHG® hotels where this discount is available, see the list here or enquire with the hotels directly.
- Participating restaurants or bars are subject to change with or without notice.
- IHG® Rewards Club Members and Gold Elite Members receive a discount of at least 10% on eligible food, beverages and dining and Platinum Elite Members, Spire Elite Members & InterContinental Ambassadors receive a discount of at least 15% on eligible food, beverages and dining consumed at participating restaurants and bars. If there are higher publicly available discounts available at the participating restaurants and bars, the member will be eligible to receive the higher discount.
- The discount is applicable for a maximum of 8 people (including the Rewards Club Member) dining per member per meal per bill. Only one membership may be used per meal per bill.
- This discount is only available for IHG® Rewards Club members.
- Member needs to be present for the entirety of the meal and must pay for the bill in person.
- The member must verify their membership with presentation of a valid Rewards Club membership app, card or virtual card.
- Discount must be processed at the time of paying bill and cannot be applied retrospectively or through other outlets or areas of the hotel.
- Dining discounts are subject to advance reservations and availability. Dining discounts are available at all meal periods in all participating outlets unless otherwise specified.
- Black out dates and exclusion periods may apply and vary for each participating restaurant and bar and may include but not be limited to festive occasions and public holidays – enquire at the participating hotel prior to making a reservation.
- Discount excludes alcoholic beverages, meals included within a room rate, seasonal menus, in-room dining, banquets, groups and events bookings, banquet, in-room minibar or any private dining rooms unless otherwise stipulated.
- Discount is not available on cigarettes, flowers, gift and other non-food and beverage items.
- To be eligible for the discount a minimum spend might apply at certain restaurants and bars which will be notified to you by participating restaurants and bars.
- Taxes, gratuities and service charges are not included in the discount unless otherwise specified.
- Value of the discount must be verified by the member at the time of paying the bill and will not be amended once payment has been made.
- Dining discounts are not applicable in conjunction with any other discounts, offers, promotions, membership program benefits and voucher usage unless otherwise specified.
- IHG® Rewards Club points will not be earned for non-stay food and beverage consumption. For IHG® Rewards Club members who are staying in the hotel or resort, food and beverage consumption during the stay must be charged under the room folio of member’s room in order for IHG® Rewards Club points to be earned. Points will be applied to the dining spend after the applicable discount has been applied and before taxes and service charge are applied where applicable.
- InterContinental® Ambassador members can enjoy 15% discount when dining at InterContinental® Hotels and Resorts outlets, the member is eligible for the discount level as per his/her IHG® Rewards Club membership tier when dining at other brands’ outlets.
- The membership discount can be used both for member’s stay or non-stay dining, cannot be used in conjunction with member welcome amenities, food & beverage credit or any other food & beverage promotions or programs.
- Discount has no cash value and cannot be sold, exchanged or refunded for any monetary value or return.
- IHG® and participating hotels, restaurants and bars reserve the right to discontinue or change this discount at any time.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IHG® and participating hotels reserve the right of interpretation of this discount.
- All IHG® Rewards Club terms and conditions apply. Visit this link for full terms and conditions.