Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
British Airways has partnered with the Lounge Pass program to allow customers to earn Avios when they purchase lounge access through a dedicated page. British Airways doesn’t sell access to its own lounges but if you’re considering purchasing access to a third party lounge, earning some Avios from your booking could be a good way to offset some of the cost.
What Is Lounge Pass
Lounge Pass is, as its name suggests, a program that allows travelers to purchase lounge access if their airline status or cabin of travel don’t offer them access to a lounge before they travel. Unlike a program like Priority Pass, Lounge Pass doesn’t offer annual membership options but it does allow users to buy lounge access on an ad hoc basis
The Lounge Pass program includes over 600 airport lounges across 100+ countries and 350+ airports and although it’s often considered heavily weighted to the UK (where it has 45 lounges), it offers a good number of lounges across major airports in the United States too.
- Chicago – Air France/KLM Lounge T5
- Los Angeles – Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse T2
- New York (JFK) – Primeclass Lounge T1 and Air India Lounge T4
- New York (EWR) – Art & Lounge Terminal B
- Orlando – The Club MCO (two locations)
- San Francisco – Air France/KLM Lounge & Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse Int. Terminal
This is far from being a definitive list of the lounges available in the US (Lounge pass has partners at 22 US airports) but, hopefully this gives you an idea of what’s on offer.
Earn Avios With Lounge Pass
Using this dedicated British Airways page, travelers can earn 5 Avios per pound when booking lounge access any worldwide lounge that is a member of the Lounge Pass program, and as a British Airways booking isn’t a prerequisite to earning the Avios, this is an offer open to all.
Key Terms & Conditions
- Collection rates are 5 Avios per £1.
- If the pass is not paid in pounds sterling, then the currency will be changed to pounds sterling at the Lounge Pass exchange rate applicable on the date of booking.
- During booking customers must enter their British Airways Executive Club membership number at the payment stage to collect Avios. The surname of Executive Club account member must match the surname on the Lounge Pass reservation.
- Only one Avios award per booking.
- Avios will be awarded within 14 days following the date of use of the Lounge Pass product.
This may not be the best deal around. Cash back sites such as TopCashback.com and TopCashback.co.uk often have deals that eclipse this one in terms of the net rebate on offer. If, however, you’re more interested in boosting an Avios balance than earning cash back, this probably won’t matter.
While some lounges are currently still closed, a good number have remained open throughout the current crisis and more are reopening every week so, if you’re planning to pay for a lounge visit you may as well check what Lounge Pass is charging via its British Airways partnership and, if the cost seems fair, earn some extra Avios.