Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
United Airlines is running a 4 day Economy Class award sale for travel on its routes between the US and Europe. The sale ends on 29 September and travel has to be complete by mid December.
For the next 4 days (including today), United MileagePlus members can book one way Economy Class awards on United’s European routes for 30,000 miles plus taxes and fees (which start at $47.15 for round-trip travel).
The following destinations are included in this promotion:
- Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)
- Brussels, Belgium (BRU)
- Paris, France (CDG)
- Dublin, Ireland (DUB)
- Edinburgh, Scotland (EDI)
- Frankfurt, Germany (FRA)
- Geneva, Switzerland (GVA)
- London, United Kingdom (LHR)
- Madrid, Spain (MAD)
- Munich, Germany (MUC)
- Shannon, Ireland (SNN)
- Zurich, Switzerland (ZRH)
Book by 29 September for travel by 14 December 2023.
- The promotion applies to new award bookings and not to award tickets already booked.
- Promotion valid for travel between the mainland U.S. and Europe (AMS, BRU, CDG, DUB, EDI, FRA, GVA, LHR, MAD, MUC, SNN, ZRH).
- Tickets must be purchased between September 26, 2023 and September 29, 2023.
- Round-trip purchase is not required.
- Travel beginning on or after September 26, 2023 and travel complete by December 14, 2023.
- No blackout dates
- Awards shown are valid for travel Sunday through Saturday.
- Awards are valid in the Economy (Coach) cabin on United/United Express carriers.
- Some flights may be operated by the following airlines, doing business as United Express: Air Wisconsin, CommuteAir, GoJet Airlines, Mesa Airlines, Republic Airways, or SkyWest Airlines; or may be operated pursuant to a codeshare agreement, such as Silver Airways.
- Award pricing is subject to change without notice.
- Passenger is responsible for all taxes, fees, baggage fees and surcharges applicable to award travel, including, with respect to government-imposed taxes and fees, September 11th Security Fee of $5.60 per one-way trip that does not include a government-defined stopover, U.S. Customs, Immigration and APHIS User Fees of $17.48 for each international arrival in the U.S.; and non-U.S. government ticket taxes, fees and airport charges may add up to $355 per ticket as of January 1, 2023. Such taxes, fees and surcharges must be paid at the time of ticketing and are subject to change.
- Any valid unused award ticket may be returned to the MileagePlus Service Center, for a service charge, up to one year from the date of issue.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the promotion page.
I’m writing this post in case its of help to any of our readers, but I’m currently struggling to see how 30,000 miles for one-way Economy Class travel is something to get excited about. That doesn’t seem particularly “cheap” to me.
For what it’s worth, it looks like these awards are (at the time of writing) reasonably easy to find:
What may be more important, however, is the fact that not only can you find a few one-way fares originating in Europe at the promotional price, but you can also find dates on which the one-way awards out of Europe cost less. Sometimes considerably less.
United Airlines has announced a 4-day Economy Class award sale on its routes between the US and Europe. Personally, I can’t get excited about paying 30,000 miles for one way travel at the back of the bus, but as United is also offering a number of one way awards (between Europe and the US) for considerably less than 30,000 miles, there may be some worthwhile deals here for anyone wanting to visit Europe in the next 11 weeks.