Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I don’t recall seeing this announced but it looks like Alaska Airlines has brought back a promotion that it ran throughout that last football season in which it offered discounts on fares based on the performance of Russell Wilson, the Seattle Seahawks quarterback.
Historically, Alaska Airlines has offered discounts based on the number of times Russell Wilson throws for a touchdown in Seahawk’s home games, but that methodology seems to have gone out of the window this season.
Last night, the Seattle Seahawks lost 26-17 to the LA Rams with Russell Wilson throwing for a single touchdown before departing the field with an injury. But that hasn’t stopped Alaska Airlines from publishing a limited-time deal in which it’s offering up to 25% off fares to almost everywhere that it flies.
The catch? The catch is that the discount is only valid from the end of the game through to 23:59 PT on the day after the game so you have until tonight to book!
Get 25% off Alaska Airlines fares
- Use discount code SCORE25OFF in the booking form on this Alaska Airlines page
- This week’s discount code is valid for 25% off coach base fare levels published at alaskaair.com and 10% off First Class on select routes published at alaskaair.com
- Valid for itineraries with up to seven (7) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare; valid for one-way or round-trip travel. Not valid on First Class fares.
- Discount code is valid between all Alaska Airlines cities, excluding Prudhoe Bay (SCC).
- Not all flights operate on all days.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied towards purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm (PT) on October 8, 2021.
- Travel is valid October 23, 2021 – February 16, 2022.
- Blackout dates of November 18–30, 2021 and December 18, 2021–January 4, 2022 apply
- Travel to/from Florida, Hawaii, Mexico, Costa Rica, or Belize is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays. For Thursday travel, the discount may only apply to the nonstop flight to/from the listed destination.
- All other travel is valid Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays.
- Travel on days of week not listed above or in First Class all days of week will be discounted at 10%.
- Valid for new ticket purchases only.
- If the itinerary is canceled or changed, any refund or credit issued will be for the discounted price for each ticket.
See the promotion page for full terms and conditions.
At first glance, the travel dates look very generous but a quick look at the terms and conditions shows that the promotion is not valid for travel between 18 and 30 November (that’s Thanksgiving taken care of) and it’s not valid for travel between 18 December and 4 January (that’s Christmas and New Year taken care of) so the promotion may not be quite as generous as it first appears.
Nevertheless, 25% off Economy Class fares is a very good deal to be given, and 10% off First Class fares (or Economy Class fares that depart on days of the week not covered by the promotion) is nice to have too (you could use this for a valentine’s break in Hawaii).
Don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations. The Platinum Card® from American Express (review) and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (review) are the two more obvious choices of card to use.
Alaska Airlines is offering a discount of up to 25% on Economy Class fares and a 10% discount on First Class fares on most routes that the airline flies until 23:59 PT TONIGHT.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines