Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton is still running its ‘Power Up’ global promotion in which it’s offering double points on stays completed by 31 December but it has now revealed the promotion that will take over from it on 1 January. Registration for Hilton’s new ‘Points Unlimited’ promotion is now open.
Hilton’s Points Unlimited Promotion
- Offer valid for stays completed between January 1, 2022 – May 1, 2022 at any hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio.
- Hilton Honors members must first register at HiltonHonors.com/PointsUnlimited prior to completing a stay within the Promotion Period.
- Registered Hilton Honors members checking in before January 1, 2022 will receive Bonus Points for their stay if the stay is completed on or after January 1, 2022 and prior to or on May 1, 2022.
- Registered Hilton Honors members will earn 2,500 Bonus Points per stay during the Promotion Period.
- There is no limit to the total amount of Bonus Points that may be earned during the Promotion Period with this offer. However, there are restrictions on the amount of Base Points that can be earned on a single stay at certain brands.
- This offer may be altered or terminated without notice.
- Bonus Points do not count toward elite tier qualification.
- Please allow six to eight weeks from completion of your stay for Bonus Points to appear in your account.
- A ‘stay’ is defined as the total number of consecutive nights spent at the same hotel, whether or not a guest checks out and checks back in again.
- Offer is not valid for groups and cannot be combined with other select offers.
- In-Room Internet Access, Fitness Center/Health Club Access and Bottled Water benefits may not be complimentary at properties with a resort charge.
- Space-available upgrades only available at select brands.
- Elite status benefits are subject to availability and vary by brand.
I value Hilton Honors points at no more than 0.4 cents each (based on how I use them) so, for me, a 2,500 point bonus is the equivalent to a $10 rebate on each stay and that’s not particularly impressive.
Also, it’s a little disappointing to see that unlike some of the past Points Unlimited promotions, this one isn’t offering an added bonus after 4 or 5 stays and unlike the current promotion, there isn’t an added bonus for holders of Hilton Honors credit cards.
For someone staying a single night at a cheap Hilton property, the added 2,500 points may be a nice little bonus but for everyone else, this has to be seen as a very disappointing offer from Hilton.
Coming swiftly after Hyatt unveiled its new (and equally disappointing) promotion for 1Q 2022, I’m starting to get the feeling that hoteliers think that the worst of the pandemic is now over and that they no longer have to provide real incentives to get people to stay.
For the sake of all of us who love to travel, I hope they’re right but with new travel restrictions appearing every week (France just banned travel from the UK), I can’t help but feel that that opinion may be a bit premature.
Hilton has now published its new promotion for 1Q 2022 and it’s pretty disappointing. Hilton Honors members can earn 2,500 bonus points for every stay made between 1 January and 1 May 2022 and with Hilton points worth no more than 0.4 cents each, that’s not much of an incentive to book more travel or to move any stays to Hilton.
What do you think of Hilton’s latest promotion?
Featured image: Conrad Maldives courtesy of Hilton