Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Gelson’s is a grocery store chain that you’ll find in various locations across Southern California and if you have one of these stores in your neighborhood (or on your way to work) there’s a targeted Amex offer that may be of interest.
Spend $50 At Gelsons & Get $10 Back (Twice)
Get a $10 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to make a single purchase of $50 or more in-store at Gelson’s by 5/31/2022. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20).
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid in-store at Gelson’s.
- Valid at participating locations in US.
- Excludes all orders placed online for delivery and in-store pick up, online pharmacy orders, and Viktor Benes Bakery, Renaud’s Bakery and Little Cakes locations.
- Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $20 back) per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
- Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
Making The Most Of This Offer
If you’ve been targeted for this offer it’s likely that you’ll find it targeted to a number of your American Express cards so it’s going to be important that you load the offers to the card that will earn you the most points (or cash back) for your spending.
If you’re looking to earn Membership Rewards points, the best cards to load this offer to will be the American Express® Gold card (which earns 4 points/dollar on up to $25,000 of spending/year at US supermarkets – terms apply) or the Amex EveryDay® Preferred card (which earns up to 4.5 points/dollar at US supermarkets – terms apply).
If you’d prefer to earn cash back on your Gelson’s purchases, the best cards to load this offer to will be the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express (which earns 6% back on up to $6,000 of spending/year at US supermarkets – terms apply) or the Blue Cash EveryDay® Card from American Express (which earns 3% back on up to $6,000 of spending/year at US supermarkets – terms apply).
Also, there are three key things to know about Gelson’s and this offer:
- Gelson’s isn’t a cheap grocery store
- Gelson’s sells gift cards
- Gift cards should trigger these offers (they triggered them last time I was targeted for this offer).
Unless you already do your grocery shopping at Gelson’s I don’t suggest you allow these offers to tempt you into buying groceries at your local store – a lot of the items that Gelson’s sells can be bought for less at other neighborhood grocery stores.
Note: All information about the Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The Amex EveryDay® Preferred Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
Don’t go crazy and buy items you wouldn’t have bought had you not been targeted for this offer (that’s a great way to waste money) and make sure you load the offer to the Amex Card from which you’ll derive the greatest earnings/benefit.
Overall, if you live in SoCal then this is an offer you should be looking out for as it provides an incredibly easy way to save $20 on shopping that you probably would be doing anyway.