Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
If you hold a credit card or charge card issued by American Express then you have access to one of my favorite benefits – Amex Offers. Amex Offers are a great way of boosting your Membership Rewards balance or saving cold hard cash with selected retailers, hotelier and airlines and I enjoy using them as a way of offsetting any annual fees I have to pay.
To see what Amex Offers you have been targeted for simply scroll down your Amex account homepage and you should see the “Amex Offers & Benefits” header:
Amex Hilton Offers
Amex has recently loaded up a series of new offers amongst which are multiple offers for rebates at various Hilton properties in the US.
My Amex cards were targeted for 4 of the 5 offers so you may or may not see all of these offers in your account(s).
Here are the first 4 offers:
The fifth offer, for which I don’t have an image, is for Hilton Garden Inn properties – spend $175 and get $30 back (expires 6/30/2019).
Each of the offers will have its own terms and conditions so you should check those carefully before making any assumption but, all these offers also have a few general rules which they share:
- Only eligible of US-issues American Express cards
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer only valid at properties in the US and US territories.
- Reservations for Hilton Hotels & Resorts must be made online at hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Only the brand(s) specifically named in the offer are eligible for the rebate.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
There are two main things to note here:
Firstly, the offers say they excludes advance purchases….but I’m not sure how Amex is going to police this.
There may be a way for Amex to know if a charge to a credit card is for a stay that has taken place or for one in the future but, if that’s the case, it’s not something I’m aware of.
Secondly, these should stack nicely with the $250 annual resort fee that comes with the Hilton Aspire Card from American Express.
As long as you’ve been targeted for the Amex offer on your Aspire card you should be able to get the rebate from the offer itself and $250 back from the Aspire card (if you haven’t already used up the credit) when booking at properties Hilton characterises as ‘resorts’
Note: Don’t forget there’s actually a 6th Amex Hilton offer available which I covered earlier in the week – $200 off $1,000 spend at Hilton properties in Hawaii.