Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission which helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Singapore Airlines is currently running another set of its ‘Spontaneous Escapes‘ in which it’s offering significant discounts on Business Class, Premium Economy and Economy Class award bookings on select routes.
Based on past history the airline isn’t afraid of offering these deals on some important routes so these promotions are worth checking out when they come around.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- The promotion is only applicable for online redemption of Saver Awards in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class on selected Singapore Airlines and SilkAir operated flights.
- The promotion is not valid for codeshare flights.
- Eligible bookings can only be made through singaporeair.com. This promotion is not available through KrisFlyer Membership Services, SIA Ticket Offices, travel agents or any other channels.
- To qualify for the promotion, tickets must be issued between 15 – 30 April 2019 GMT+8, all dates inclusive
- Travel must be taken between 1 and 31 May 2019 GMT+8, all dates inclusive.
- All travel must be completed by 31 May 2019 GMT+8.
- If any part of the itinerary falls outside the applicable travel period or contains an ineligible flight, the entire itinerary will not be eligible for the promotion.
- Any waitlist redemption that is confirmed after 30 April 2019 (GMT+8) will not be entitled to the discount and will be charged at full mileage levels.
- Any change is strictly not permitted for bookings made under this promotion. Cancellation is also not permitted for partially unused or totally unused tickets.
- This promotion is applicable to one-way and round-trip travel. No stopovers are allowed for this promotion.
- Taxes and fees are applicable in addition to the required redemption mileage and paid for separately by the passenger in the applicable currency. The discount is not applicable to taxes and fees.
Cost is for one-way travel excluding taxes and fees.
Business Class Deals
North Asia Routes:
- Singapore – Hong Kong (on select flights) – 21,350 miles
- Hong Kong – Singapore (on select flights) – 21,350 miles
- Singapore – Beijing/Shanghai (on select flights) – 27,300 miles
- Beijing/Shanghai – Singapore (on select flights) – 27,300 miles
- Singapore – Seoul (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
- Seoul – Singapore (on select flights) – 32,900 miles
North America Route:
- San Francisco – Singapore (on SQ1) – 66,500 miles
Premium Economy Deals
North Asia Routes:
- Singapore – Seoul (SQ612) – 24,150 miles
- Seoul – Singapore (SQ611) – 24,150 miles
South Asia Route:
- Singapore – New Delhi (SQ406) – 22,400 miles
There are a few decent offers here if you can make the dates and the flights work for you.
It’s a shame that the only Business Class deals available on a North American route is restricted to San Francisco to Singapore (the return flight isn’t included in this promotion) but a few of the intra-Asia deals look ok.
Don’t forget that taxes and fees will be added to these bookings (Singapore Airlines loves to add fees to its awards) but, even with those added, you should still able to net a good deal.