Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Marriott Homes & Villas is running another bonus points promotion for the next three weeks and anyone who can make the most of that deal may be able to stack it with a targeted Amex offer in which cardholders are being given the chance to save on their next Marriott Homes & Villas booking.
Earn 10,000 bonus points with Marriott Homes & Villas
The deal is simple:
Earn 10,000 bonus points on bookings of at least three consecutive nights, costing a minimum of $1,000, and made by 29 February 2024 for stays made through 31 May 2024 (link)
- A “stay” is defined as three (3) or more consecutive nights spent at the same property, regardless of check-in and check-out activity.
- Registration of Marriott Bonvoy Member’s Marriott Bonvoy account is required for this promotion.
- Members must register by February 29, 2024. See REGISTER NOW Link on https://homes-and-villas.marriott.com/en/offers/10KFEB24
- Registered Marriott Bonvoy Members earn 10,000 bonus Points per eligible paid stay at a participating home rental booked between February 7, 2024 (12:01 AM EST) – February 29, 2024 (11:59 PM EST) through the Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy website (“HVMB Platform”).
- Payment for stay must be made in cash.
- Stays of three (3) or more consecutive nights must be completed during the promotion earning period, beginning February 7, 2024, up to and including nights stayed on or before May 31, 2024.
- A minimum spend for the stay is $1,000 USD (or foreign currency equivalent)
- Members earn five (5) base Points for each U.S. dollar, or the currency equivalent, on all Qualifying Charges incurred and paid for by the Member through the HVMB Platform.
- Promotion bonus Points are in addition to the base Points and any Elite bonus Points earned per stay within the promotion earning period.
- Charges that do not qualify for Points include, but are not limited to, taxes, booking fees, cleaning fees, security deposits, and extra add-on services purchased and/or applied to home rentals booked through the HVMB Platform.
- Home rentals booked through third-party online retailers are ineligible to earn for this promotion.
- Marriott Participating Brand Residences may be featured on the HVMB Platform: however, they do not participate in the Marriott Bonvoy loyalty program and do not participate in this promotion.
- Marriott branded hotels, branded residences, and Marriott Executive Apartments are not included/eligible for this promotion.
- Award redemption stays where Points are redeemed for a portion of, or the entire stay are not eligible for the promotion.
- Provided that the correct Marriott Bonvoy Membership Account Number is added as part of the booking process, Points will automatically appear in the Member’s Account three (3) to six (6) weeks (21–42 days) following the completion of their stay.
- Members electing to earn miles are not eligible for this promotion.
- No points are awarded for cancellation or no-show.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Marriott Homes & Villas webpage.
Homes & Villas bookings earn all Bonvoy members a standard 5 points/dollar before any elite status bonuses are factored in. With elite bonuses, this is what the standard earnings look like.
- Member – 5 points/dollar
- Silver Elite – 5.5 points/dollar
- Gold Elite – 6.25 points/dollar
- Platinum Elite – 7.5 points/dollar
- Titanium & Ambassador Elite – 8.75 points/dollar
On top of those earnings a qualifying booking will earn a further 10,000 bonus points.
As things stand, I continue to value Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with relative ease) and that means that the latest Homes & Villas promotion allows Bonvoy members to earn effective rebates of between 3% and 5.25% + bonus points worth $60.
Save up to $250 on Homes & Villas bookings with Amex [Targeted]
This is the Amex Homes & Villas offer that targeted accounts should be able to see:
Get a one-time $250 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation at participating Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy® properties from 1/5/2024 to 4/15/2024. Valid only on USD purchases..
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at participating Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy® properties in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
- Reservations for Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy® properties must be made online at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases, online retail purchases, hotel amenities or purchases of Marriott Bonvoy® points.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a Homes & Villas by Marriott Bonvoy® property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $1,000 USD as posted to your account.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 4/15/2024, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
There’s good news and bad news here.
The good news is that it should be reasonably easy to trigger both of these offers if you’re booking a stay of at least 3 nights as $1,000 isn’t a significant spending target to hit when you’re renting a home for that long.
The first bit of bad news is that the Amex offer doesn’t appear to have been targeted to Amex’s Marriott Bonvoy cards, so you may only have this offer targeted to your Membership Rewards cards, and that’s not great for earnings.
The second bit of bad news is that Amex is limiting its offer to Homes & Villas properties in in the Americas and the Caribbean, so if you’re planning to stay elsewhere, you’ll only be able to earn the bonus points on offer and not the rebate on your spending.
Marriott and Amex are both currently running promotions for Homes & Villas bookings and anyone in a position to stack these deals could end up saving up to $250 and earning 10,000 bonus points on top of the usual points earnings.