Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a new targeted offer on select Business cards in which it’s offering cardholders a 20% discount on purchases at Dell. Stacking this offer with a shopping portal’s cash back should make the savings even greater and if you have this offer targeted to a Business Platinum® Card from American Express, it will stack with the Dell credits that the Platinum Card offers for even greater savings.
Get 20% back at Dell with Amex
Get 20% back as a statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Business Card to make purchases online at dell.com/amex or by calling 855-315-5552 by 3/26/2023. Limit of $1,500 back in total statement credits.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express Business Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for purchases made on dell.com/amex or by phone at 855-315-5552 only.
- Valid only on US website.
- Not valid for gift card or e-gift card purchases. Not valid on purchases shipped outside the US, Puerto Rico, USVI and Guam.
- This offer does not apply to refurbished items, systems or spare parts and is not valid for online auctioneers, Professional Associations, or other Dell Member Purchase Programs.
- Excludes international contact center, Global events, Dell Financial Services, Dell Outlet for Home, Dell Healthcare, Dell Outlet for Work, Dell PartnerDirect, Dell Premier, Dell Premier Connect, Dell Premier Select, and authorized Dell retailers or resellers.
- Limit of $1,500 in total statement credits per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 3/26/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
- The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive statement credits.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
Stack with shopping portals
Not only can you earn 20% back (up to $1,500) by using this target Amex offer but you can also earn extra cash back by using a portal like TopCashBack (currently offering 4% back) or, if you prefer to earn miles, an additional 4 miles/dollar by clicking through an airline portal.
Don’t forget that this will be cash back (or miles) that you’ll earn on top of whatever your credit card offers you so you’ll be earning from three separate sources – the Amex offer, the portal, and your credit card.
Note: The Amex offer’s terms says that purchases have to be made through Del.com/amex for the offer to trigger but based on my previous experiences with offers such as this one, purchases made through the regular Dell site should trigger the offer as well.
Using the right card
There are a variety of Amex Business cards on which you may find the 20% offer but the best card to have this targeted to is the Business Platinum® Card from American Express.
This card only earns 1 point/dollar on spending made with Dell but because it also offers two $200 Dell credits every year (enrollment needed), one of those credits can be used to save even more on whatever purchases you make.
Note: If you have already used up your Dell credits this year, consider holding off making any purchases until the new year when a new $200 credit will be available (this offer runs through 26 March 2023)
What this all means is that targeted holders of the Business Platinum Card have the opportunity to get 20% back through the Amex offer, $200 back courtesy of their card, up to 4% back (or 4 miles/dollar) through the portals, and 1 point/dollar on their next Dell purchase.
Personally, I don’t have the Business Platinum Card so I’ve saved the offer to the Blue Business Plus credit card from American Express (review) which offers 2 points/dollar on all spending up to $50,000/year (terms apply).
As I value Amex Membership Rewards points at 1.5 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them with ease), stacking these would give me a 20% cash rebate (up to $1,500), a 4% cash rebate through TopCashBack and a further 3% rebate in the form of Membership Rewards points. That’s not quite as good as what Business Platinum Card holders can get but it’s good enough for me.
American Express has launched a new offer in which targeted holders of select business cards can earn 20% back (max $1,500) on their next Dell purchase. The savings on offer can be improved by clicking through a shopping portal and if you happen to have this deal targeted to a Business Platinum Card ® from American Express, your savings can be even better.