Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
I haven’t seen an Amex offer that covers IHG stays for quite a while so it’s good to see that American Express hasn’t forgotten about IHG fans. This targeted offer features three of IHG’s higher-end brands and as it runs through to the end of the year, there’s plenty of time for cardholders to lock in the savings on offer.
Spend $300 & get $75 back at select IHG properties
Get a one-time $75 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $300 in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels, and Hotel Indigo properties from 10/24/2022 to 12/31/2022.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at participating InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton Hotels, and Hotel Indigo properties in the US and US territories.
- Reservations must be made directly through IHG online at IHG.com, by calling 1-877-424-2449, or via the IHG® App.
- Excludes The Palazzo Las Vegas, The Venetian Las Vegas, Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent® Hotels & Resorts, HUALUXE® Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza®, EVEN® Hotels, voco™ hotels, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Holiday Inn Resort®, Holiday Inn Club Vacations®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, avid® hotels, Atwell Suites™, IHG® Army Hotels and Mr & Mrs Smith hotels.
- Excludes international locations outside the US.
- Not valid for purchases at restaurants, gift cards, kimptonstyle.com, or for IHG Rewards Club points purchases.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
There’s good and bad news within the offer terms.
The first bit of good news is that the spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t need to be made in a single transaction so there’s no pressing need for a cardholder to hit the $300 target with a single booking….although most will.
The second bit of good news is that this offer is valid for spending made through the end of the year so if you’re planning a stay around Thanksgiving or the end-of-year holidays this offer could come in very useful.
The first bit of bad news is that this offer is restricted to InterContinental, Kimpton, and Hotel Indigo properties in the US and US Territories only and while that’s unsurprising (Amex offers are often restricted in this way), it’s still disappointing.
The second bit of bad news is that because Amex doesn’t issue any IHG Rewards credit cards, holders of IHG Rewards cards are going to have to pass up on some points if they’re to make the most of this offer.
Having said that, keep in mind that you don’t have to put all of your room and room charge spending on your targeted Amex card to trigger this offer (just $300) so if you’re going to be spending more than the $300 needed to trigger the rebate and hold an IHG Rewards credit card, it will probably be worth asking the front desk if you can split your final bill across two cards – $300 on your Amex card and the rest on your IHG Rewards card.
Overall, it’s good to see this offer being made available to targeted cardholders and if you’re considering a stay before the end of the year you should check your American Express accounts to see if you have the offer waiting for you – $300 isn’t hard to spend at IHG’s higher-end properties so anyone staying at a participating location should be able to trigger the statement credit with relative ease.
Amex has launched a new targeted offer for stays made at InterContinental, Kimpton, and Hotel Indigo properties through the end of the year. Make sure you read the terms and conditions of your targeted offer carefully before making any bookings and make sure you add the offer to a credit card that will earn you bonus points for travel/hotel stays to ensure that you maximize your earnings.