Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has unveiled a new targeted offer in which it’s offering a rebate of up to 20% on Marriott Homes & Villas bookings that are paid for before the end of May. With Marriott having recently reduced the minimum number of nights needed to make a Homes & Villas booking, this could be a useful offer for anyone planning a villa stay in the next couple of months.
Spend $1,000 or more and get $200 back with Marriott Homes & Villas
Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,000 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges when you pay for your stay at Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties from 1/14/2022 to 5/27/2022.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties.
- Reservations for Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties must be made online.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases.
- Cancellation fees apply and may vary by property. See individual properties for details.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a Homes & Villas by Marriott International property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $1000 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/27/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
$1,000 is no small amount of cash to be spending but when it comes to bookings with Marriott’s Homes and Villas portal, that shouldn’t be a big issue 🙂
This offer appears to have been targeted to every American Express Card that I hold (so it should be a widely available) but, most importantly, I’m seeing this offer targeted to my Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express® Card (review) which means that on top of the standard 5 points/dollar that I can earn from Homes & Villas bookings, I can also earn a further 6 points/dollar through my credit card.
As I value Marriott Bonvoy Points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value I know I can get out of them with relative ease), the 11 points/dollar that I can earn on top of the $200 that targeted offer will give me represents a further effective rebate of 6.6% and can go a long way to making an otherwise expensive stay a little bit more affordable.
Don’t forget that as of a couple of weeks ago, Marriott reduced the minimum stay length from 3-nights to 2-nights at a significant number of the villas on the Homes & Villas website and that should make it easier to trigger this targeted offer without going too far over the $1,000 spending requirement.
Amex has published a deal in which its offering targeted cardholders a $200 rebate on $1,000 of spending made with Marriott’s Homes & Villas program. Unlike a lot of Amex offers, there’s no regional restrictions to this deal so a rental at any Homes & Villas property around the world will trigger the rebate as long as the spending requirement is met.