Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hot on the heels of a truly fantastic offer for travel on Air France American Express is now targeting some of its cardholders for a very nice deal at select Waldorf Astoria and Conrad properties around the world.
Note: The start date for the deal is in the middle of August but the offer has only just appeared in my AMEX accounts.
If you’re one of the lucky AMEX cardholders targeted for this offer you can save $70 on a booking of $350 or more through 31 December 2019.
“Get a one-time $70 USD statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend $350+ USD on room rate and room charges for your stay at select Waldorf Astoria & Conrad hotels from 8/15/19 to 12/31/19. Book direct with Waldorf Astoria & Conrad.”
The Headline T&Cs
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Only U.S.-issued American Express Cards are eligible.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for stays at participating Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts and Conrad Hotels & Resorts in China, Germany, France, Hong Kong, India, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Singapore, Thailand, the United States, and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Not all properties within these countries apply. Please click on “View Participating Locations” to view the full list of participating properties.
- Reservations for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts must be made online at waldorfastoria.com, via the Hilton Honors App, or by calling 1-800-925-3673.
- Reservations for Conrad Hotels & Resorts must be made online at conradhotels.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-266-7237.
- Excludes all other Hilton brands: Hilton Hotels & Resorts, LXR Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton™, Signia Hilton, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Tapestry Collection by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Motto by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn®, Hampton by Hilton™, Tru by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™, and Hilton Grand Vacations™.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and non-refundable rates.
- Not valid on purchases of gift cards.
- Corporate Cards are not eligible for this offer.
- When you make a qualifying purchase in a foreign currency, the applicable statement credit will be credited in your local currency using the exchange rate at the date the statement credit is applied.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at Waldorf Astoria & Conrad made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is an amount of at least $350 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member
Full terms and conditions can be found alongside the offer in your AMEX online account (assuming you’ve been targeted for it).
I was targeted for this offer on a number of my American Express cards and, fortunately, my American Express Hilton Surpass card was one of them.
The offer would still have been nice had it only been available via one of my other cards but, with the Surpass card offering 12 points per dollar spent at Hilton properties, and with Hilton’s year-end promotion offering triple points on stays paid for with a Hilton Honors co-branded credit card, it would have been a shame to have to use a non-Hilton credit card to get the $70 rebate.
I’ve had a quick look at the list of participating properties and, while properties in some aspirational locations like the Maldives aren’t included in this offer, there aren’t too many big omissions from the properties in the participating countries (the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, the Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas, the Conrad London St James, the Conrad Singapore and the Conrads on Koh Samui are all included) – that’s good to see.
Clearly, you’re only going to get close to the 20% rebate on offer if you get as close to the $350 spending requirement as possible (without going under it) but, overall, this is still a very nice offer indeed.
It’s not exactly tough to spend $350 at Waldorf/Conrad properties (in a lot of cases the cost of a single night will be more than this) so anyone already considering booking one of the participating properties should find this a very easy offer to use.
If you weren’t already planning a Waldorf/Conrad stay this offer may make a stay tempting but shouldn’t induce you into a booking that you don’t really need – that’s not a saving!
Personally, I have a 3-night trip coming up in November for which I still have to book my accommodation and this offer may well be put to good use in the coming weeks 🙂