Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
As well as the new Hilton Honors offer that appeared on most Amex Hilton Honors cards this morning, there’s another Amex offer available for Hilton stays that’s appearing on a number of other American Express cards (and possibly the co-branded cards too).
Spend $175 At Select Hilton Properties & Get $35 Back
Get a one-time $35 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $175 on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay with participating Hilton properties from 2/1/2021 to 4/30/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid only at Hampton by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn and Tru by Hilton properties in the US and US Territories.
- Reservations for Hampton by Hilton must be made online at hampton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667. Reservations for Hilton Garden Inn must be made online at hiltongardeninn.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-877-782-9444. Reservations for Tru by Hilton must be made online at trubyhilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-877-214-6722.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
It’s a shame that this offer is only valid for Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, and Tru properties in the US & US Territories but at least the rebate is a reasonable one and the spending required to trigger the rebate isn’t exactly onerous.
As with a number of Amex offers that we’ve seen recently, the maximum rebate available here is 20% but with Hampton, Garden Inn, and Tru pricing being what it is, this should be an easy offer to trigger without going too far over the spend requirement if you don’t want to.
Ideally, you’ll have this offer targeted to a co-branded Hilton Honors Amex card on which you’ll earn a good return on your Hilton spending (like the Hilton Honors Surpass card (review) which earns 12 Honors points/dollar at Hilton properties worldwide) so be careful not to load the offer on to the first card on which you see it appear – that may not be the best card with which to book a Hilton stay.
In my case, I’m not seeing this offer on my Hilton Honors Surpass card (which is disappointing) so the best I can do is to load it to my Blue Business Plus card and earn 2 Membership Rewards points/dollar (which I equate to a rebate of 3%) on my next Hampton stay (I’m unlikely to be at a Garden Inn or Tru property any time soon).
American Express is currently targeting cardholders for a saving of up to 20% at savings at Hampton, Hilton Garden Inn, and Tru properties in the US & US Territories by the end of April 2021. For Hilton fans, this should be an easy saving to trigger this and it’s one that that will go well with the first quarter promotion that Hilton is now running and it’s a promotion that could make the very easy quest for Hilton Diamond status a little bit cheaper.