Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a new offer for Marriott Homes & Villas stays. The offer covers stays made through 15 December 2021 and because the spending needed to trigger the rebate doesn’t have to be done in a single transaction and because the offer is not limited to properties in the US, this rebate may be easier to earn than first looks suggest.
Spend $800 or More & Get $200 Back
Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $800 USD in one or more transactions online at homesandvillasbymarriott.com between 10/15/2021 and 12/15/2021.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid at all Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties.
- Reservations for Homes & Villas by Marriott International properties must be made online at homesandvillasbymarriott.com.
- Excludes all other Marriott brands.
- Not valid on gift card purchases.
- Cancellation fees apply and may vary by property. See individual properties for details.
- Offer valid on property rate and charges incurred at time of reservation.
- Offer not valid for stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date (for example, if the final payment that occurs 30 days before your stay falls outside of the promotion dates, it will not count towards qualification).
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a Homes & Villas by Marriott International property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $800 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Card Member Agreement.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/15/2021, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions.
The first bit of good news is that this offer appears to have been targeted to Amex’s Marriott Bonvoy cards as well as to a variety of other cards that Amex issues (I have it targeted to my Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant™ American Express Card) so it should be possible to earn at least 10 Bonvoy Points per dollar (on up to $7,500 of spending – terms apply) courtesy of another promotion that Marriott has been running since June (details here).
I value Bonvoy points at 0.6 cents each (based on the value that I know I can get out of them without too much effort) and that means that a holder of an Amex Bonvoy co-branded card who has been targeted for the rebate offer and who spends at least $800 can, effectively, get 6% back on their Homes & Villas by Marriott booking(s) as well as earning the $200 statement credit. That’s not bad at all!
The second bit of good news is that the details of the offer specifically state that the spending required to trigger the rebate doesn’t have to be done in a single transaction. This means that a couple of cheap (short) stays will trigger the credit in the same way that a single stay of $800 or more will trigger it.
The third bit of good news is that for once, Amex isn’t limiting one of its hotel offers to properties in North America so this rebate can be earned at Homes & Villas properties around the world – that’s great for anyone considering a Caribbean break as winter draws in.
Overall, if you hold the right credit card and are looking to book a more self-sufficient stay between now and the middle of December, this looks like a very nice offer to be targeted for.
Amex has published a new offer for a $200 rebate on spending on Marriott Homes & Villas stays through 15 December 2021. All Homes & Villas properties qualify for this promotion and with this targeted offer appearing on Amex’s Bonvoy co-branded cards, there’s scope for cardholders to do very well out of this offer.
Featured image courtesy of Homes & Villas by Marriott