Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. Terms apply to all credit card welcome offers, earning rates and benefits and some credit card benefits will require enrollment. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Amex is currently targeting select cardholders with a new deal which offers savings on stays made with Hilton brands in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America. The offer is valid for stays consumed by the middle of February next year and is being targeted to multiple Amex cards.
Spend $750 at select Hilton properties & get $150 back
Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $750 USD in one or more purchases on room rate and room charges at participating Hilton properties in Mexico, Caribbean, and Latin America from 10/16/2023 to 2/15/2024.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid at participating Hilton properties in Mexico, Caribbean, and Latin America.
- Please reference americanexpress.com/hiltoncalaoffer to view participating properties.
- Reservations must be made online at Hilton.com, via the Hilton Honors App or by calling 1-800-445-8667.
- Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates.
- Excludes gift card purchases.
- Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $750 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 2/15/2024, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the Amex offer if you’ve been targeted for it.
It’s nice to see that this offer is valid for stays into February as that covers a significant number of weeks during which people like to escape from the cold at home to the warmer weather of the Caribbean and Latin America.
This offer joins another targeted Hilton offer that we saw unveiled recently (save at Curio, Canopy, Tapestry, Motto, and Tempo brands), and should work well alongside Hilton’s 4Q 2023 promotion and whatever promotion we see launched for the first few months of next year.
Ideally, you’ll have this offers targeted to a co-branded Hilton Honors Amex card on which you’ll earn a good return on your Hilton spending (like the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® card – review), but as I’m not seeing this offer on the card_name, this may be an offer that’s restricted to Membership Rewards cards.
Note: All information about the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card has been collected independently by Traveling For Miles. The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card is not currently available through Traveling For Miles.
American Express is currently targeting cardholders for a saving of up to 20% at Hilton properties in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Latin America. For those for whom Hilton is their primary hotel chain and who are looking to get away this winter, this offer should be easy to trigger and should go well with the current double/triple points promotion.