Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Building on its offers for spending at various IHG properties (see here and here) and Hyatt properties too (see here) American Express has launched yet another hotel offer for targeted cardholders. This offer is for stays booked with Best Western and associated properties and can be used through the end of the year.
Spend $100 With Best Western & Get $20 Back
Get a one-time $20 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $100 in one or more transactions on room rate and room charges, when you pay for your stay at WorldHotels Collection or Best Western Hotels & Resorts locations between 8/27/2020 and 12/31/2020.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card.
- Offer valid for reservations for Best Western, Best Western Plus, Best Western Premier, Executive Residency by Best Western, Best Western Plus Executive Residency, BW Signature Collection by Best Western, BW Premier Collection by Best Western, SureStay Hotel by Best Western, SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western, SureStay Studio by Best Western, SureStay Collection by Best Western, Vīb, GLō, Sadie Best Western, Aiden by Best Western and WorldHotels Collection hotels in the US, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands.
- Reservations must be made online at bestwestern.com, by using the Best Western Mobile App, or by calling 1-800-780-7234.
- Excludes international locations outside the US, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
- Offer not valid for lodging stays that are paid for before the promotion start date or after the promotion end date.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
It’s nice to see that we’re seeing more and more travel deals returning to Amex Offers and even though the saving on offer here isn’t exactly substantial, the spending target to trigger the saving is low enough to mean that this offer should be easy to use and should be useable by a lot of people.
I’ve chosen to load this offer on to my Blue Business Plus card from American Express because I don’t currently hold any non-cobranded American Express cards that offer a bonus for travel or hotel spending (e.g. the Amex Green Card which will earn you, amongst other bonuses, 3 points/dollar on travel), so I’ll have to make do with the 2 Membership Rewards Points/dollar that the Blue Business Plus card offers.
Don’t overlook the fact that, as usual, this Amex Offer only applies to properties in the US, Puerto Rico and US Territories so don’t make the mistake of thinking that using your targeted American Express card elsewhere will trigger the saving – it won’t.
Note: It’s worth checking to see if any of your Chase cards have offers for a rebate at Best Western properties too as these also appear from time to time.
Amex is now targeting cardholders with an offer to save $20 on $100 of spending at Best Western (and associated) properties in the US, Puerto Rico, and US territories. The saving is probably not enough to change anyone’s travel plans or to induce someone to make new plans, but if you were planning to visit a Best Western property anyway this should be an easy saving to lock in.