Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
American Express has launched a new deal in which it’s offering targeted cardholders a rebate of up to 16% on select spending made with Air New Zealand in the next six weeks.
Spend $1,250 and get $200 back with Air New Zealand
Get a one-time $200 statement credit by using your enrolled eligible Card to spend a minimum of $1,250 in one or more purchases online at airnewzealand.com or via Air NZ US mobile app by 5/7/2023.
- Enrollment limited.
- Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem.
- Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels.
- Offer valid for purchases made directly with Air New Zealand through US website airnewzealand.com, the Air NZ US mobile app, or by phone at 1-800-262-1234.
- Flights must originate in US to qualify.
- Not valid for payments made in-person at Air New Zealand ticket offices or airport locations.
- Not valid for payments made through third parties such as travel agents, online aggregators or payment processors.
- Excludes Air New Zealand Cargo, Air New Zealand Explorer Pass, Koru membership, Koru guest passes, Tandem Travel, JR Duty Free and bookings of Events, Tours, Activities, Hotels, Car, Campervan rentals, or airport transfers. Offer is non-transferable.
- Valid only on purchases made in US dollars.
- Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member.
- Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 5/7/2023, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase.
See your targeted offer for full terms and conditions
This look it may be one of the more widely targeted offers that we see Amex put out as I’m currently seeing it on all my Membership Rewards cards (including the Platinum Card® from American Express), but it’s a shame that the offer is only valid for bookings made in the next six weeks as we’re often given longer to make the most of these kinds of airfare deals.
Still, $1,250 isn’t all that much to spend on air travel (if you’re booking as a family or as a couple, or if you’re booking a premium cabin) and when you add to that the fact that the offer’s spending requirement doesn’t have to be met in a single transaction, this starts to look like a pretty easy rebate to trigger for anyone planning to book with Air New Zealand for travel originating in the US.
American Express is currently targeting select cardholders for an offer that allows them to save on spending made with Air New Zealand by 7 May 2023. Cardholders will earn $200 back when they spend $1,250 or more and keep in mind that all of that spending need not be made in a single transaction.
Have you been targeted for this offer? If you have, what card(s) are you seeing it on?