Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
UPDATE: This specific promotion has expired. Please click HERE for the latest Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
Alaska Airlines is running a fun promotion for the duration of the NFL season in which it has been offering some fantastic discounts on fares out of select states. The promotion is built around the scoring prowess of Russell Wilson, the quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks, and runs after every Seahawks home game in which Wilson scores.
Alaska Airlines Touchdown & Takeoff Sale
The more touchdowns Russell Wilson scores in a Seahawks home game the bigger discount Alaska Airlines will offer on select routes. Sadly, the Seahawks weren’t in great form last night as they were beaten at home by the Giants with Wilson throwing for just 1 touchdown. That sees this week’s discount set at just 10%. The highest discount ever offered in this promotion is 40% and unless the Seahawks fail to score a touchdown at all, today’s discount is the lowest we’re going to see. Still, unlike in the first few weeks, today’s discount is being offered on First Class fares as well as on Main Cabin fares.
The catch? The catch is that the discount is only valid from the end of the game through to 23:59 PT on the day after the game – you have until tonight to book!
Here’s what you need to know:
- Use discount code RUSS10
- This week’s discount code is valid for 10% off Saver, Main & First Class fares on select routes published at alaskaair.com
- Valid for itineraries up to a maximum of six (6) people, traveling together and booked and ticketed at the same time in the same reservation and at the same fare
- Valid for one-way or round-trip travel.
- Discount valid between Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, or Washington and all Alaska Airlines cities.
- Discount is not valid to Prudhoe Bay (SCC), or for travel solely within the state of Alaska.
- Based on published fare routings and some cities may not be available.
- Discount does not apply to government-imposed taxes and airport fees.
- Cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Discount code must be applied toward purchase of ticket by 11:59 pm PT on December 7, 2020.
- Travel is valid January 5, 2020, through May 19, 2021.
See the promotion page for full terms and conditions.
This may be the lowest discount that this promotion offers but it’s still better than paying full price. It’s also worth noting that even though the discount on offer is for just 10% (and not the 40% that we’ve seen at least a couple of times), the terms and conditions appear to be more generous than ever. The travel period is the longest that we’ve seen offered, there are no blackout dates mentioned in the terms and conditions and unlike in previous flash sales, customers don’t have to book for specific dates of the week in order to lock-in the discount.
Don’t forget to make the most of whatever fares you’re booking by using a credit card that earns you bonus points on flights and, preferably that also offers you great protection against delays, interruptions, and cancellations (the Platinum Card from American Express and the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card are the two more obvious choices of card to use).
Today only, Alaska Airlines is offering a 10% discount on First Class and Main Cabin fares on all of its flights from/to Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, Montana, and Washington. You have until 23:59 PT to book.
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines