Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures found at the bottom of every page.
Accor, the hotel group that includes well-known brands such as Fairmont, Sofitel, and SLS, has launched a new sale in which it’s offering customers up to 40% off stays made through the end of March next year as well as triple points on all stays. The headline discount is 30%, but members of Accor’s free-to-join loyalty program (ALL) get a further 10% off.
- Book by November 29, 2021 for stays until March 31, 2022 (stay dates vary by property).
- Save 30% compared to the fully flexible rate by booking promotional rate with deposit.
- Offer is subject to availability at participating locations in North & Central America.
- The percentage off is calculated based on the room rate at time of reservation and varies by property and stay duration.
- No minimum advance purchase required, 1-night prepaid, fully-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required at time of reservation (Except Fairmont Scottsdale Princess: 1-night prepaid, non-refundable and The Plaza, A Fairmont Managed Hotel: fully prepaid, non-refundable).
- House cancellation policy applies.
- Blackout dates may apply.
- Members of ALL – Accor Live Limitless enjoy an additional 10% discount at participating hotels in North & Central America. Members must present their card upon check-in at the hotel (or their member number if they have not yet received their card).
- Maximum 2 rooms at the Members’ Rate can be booked per member, per staying date.
- The 3X Reward point offer is available at participating properties.
Full terms and conditions can be found on the sale page
A key thing to point out is that you should be very careful of the cancellation policies at the properties you’re considering because the terms of the promotion appear to contradict themselves.
On one line the terms say that “1-night prepaid, fully-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required at time of reservation” (which a couple of exceptions), while another line says “[h]ouse cancellation policy applies”, and I’m finding that a lot of “house cancellation policies” are non-refundable.
Still, if you’re happy with your travel dates and are happy with a property’s cancellation policies, there are some very good deals to be found.
Here’s an example at the Sofitel Los Angeles where the non-refundable Black Friday rate is over $100/night cheaper than the next best (and flexible) rate:
And here’s an example where the non-refundable Black Friday deal for the Plaza in New York is over $300/night cheaper than the next best (and flexible) rate:
If booking a non-refundable rate is not something you’re happy doing, this may not be the sale for you. If, however, you have firm plans and are sure that you won’t need to back out, some of the deals on offer could save you a considerable amount of money.
Note: Don’t forget to sign up for the Accor Live Limitless program to ensure that you get the best discounts on offer.
Accor has launched an 8-day sale in which it’s offering up to 40% off bookings in North America for stays through the end of March next year. With most (possibly all) Fairmont and Sofitel hotels participating and with a wide variety of locations to choose from, it should be possible for a lot of people to find some great deals in this sale.