Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
Hilton is currently running a great sale for stays in the Asia-Pacific region but, for reasons that only Hilton can explain, it has made the sale appear worse than it actually is.
The headlines and the banners that Hilton is using to promote its latest sale suggest that guests can save “up to 20%” on bookings at its properties in the Asia-Pacific region…
….when the terms and conditions of the sale clearly state that everyone can save up to 25% and that Hilton Honors members (free to join) can save a further 5% – 10% on top.
The latest Hilton Asia-Pacific sale actually offers savings of up to 35%.
Headline Terms & Conditions
- Limited availability at the discounted rates.
- Offer is subject to availability at all participating properties in the Hilton portfolio across Asia Pacific
- Book stays by 6 September 2019 (09:00 GMT)
- Complete stays by 29 February 2020.
- Two (2) days advance reservations required.
- Blackout dates may apply and vary by property.
- Rates are valid for single/double occupancy and are exclusive of all taxes, incidental charges, gratuities, and resort fees where applicable.
- Discount varies from 10% to 25% off Flexible Rate (BAR) or Breakfast Included Rate (B&B) across all participating properties.
- Hilton Honors members will receive an additional discount ranging from 5% to 10% for stays outside of China (for the purpose of this document, including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan).
- Hilton Honors Membership is required to book the Hilton Honors Members rate.
- BAR and B&B are specific rate types that vary depending on time of purchase, are unrestricted, non-qualified and excludes discount rates.
- Full non-refundable prepayment required at time of booking.
- Booking cannot be changed.
- All Hampton by Hilton™ hotels in Mainland China are excluded from the Hilton Honors program.
It’s important to note that the discounts are based upon the ‘best flexible rate’ or the ‘breakfast included rate’ so the savings on offer aren’t based on the cheapest (inflexible) rates that some of these properties may offer…but the deals can still be very good indeed.
The Conrad Centennial Singapore (reviewed here) is a good example of one of Hilton’s Asia-Pacific properties and it also illustrates quite well how you shouldn’t pay to much attention to the headline rates that Hilton is promoting.
On the sale page Hilton shows that the Conrad is available in the sale from $226 per night…
…but it didn’t take me long to find rates at the Conrad as low as SG$239 (~$176).
That’s a fantastic rate for a hotel of this standard.
It’s also worth noting that Hilton’s Asia-Pacific region includes amazing locations like Bora Bora, Bali, and the Maldives so this may be a good time to check out rates at properties like the Conrad Maldives Rangali Island.
I’m a big fan of Hilton’s Asia-Pacific sales because they offer very good value in a region where Hilton has some very nice properties staffed by people who know what the word ‘service’ really means.
With properties like the Conrads in Singapore and the Maldives available for $176 and $371 (+ taxes/fees) respectively these clearly a lot of value to be had in this sale – just remember not to take the headline rates that you’ll see at face value as the deals are often considerably better.