Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site. Traveling For Miles has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. Traveling For Miles and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers. Opinions, reviews, analyses & recommendations are the author’s alone and have not been reviewed, endorsed, or approved by any of these entities. For more details please see the disclosures at the bottom of every page.
One of the many reasons I like holding the World of Hyatt credit card is that holders of Hyatt’s co-branded cards are often given access to offers that non-cardholders don’t get. Right now, one such offer is in progress and while this offer is valid into September, the deadline for registrations is rapidly approaching.
Register before your next journey to earn 20% back in Bonus Points on qualifying redemptions at Hyatt’s Independent Collection brands when you stay between July 5 and September 5, 2022. Register by July 31, 2022.
- This promotion is valid only for World of Hyatt credit card members who register for the promotion between June 27 and July 31, 2022.
- Only points redeemed for stays completed between July 5 and September 5, 2022 (“Promotion Period”) will be eligible for this promotion.
- World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers can receive 20% Bonus Points back on the World of Hyatt points they redeem for Free Night Awards, Points + Cash stays, room upgrades, dining and spa services, at JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection by Hyatt Hotels during the Promotion Period.
- To qualify, credit card account must be open at the time of fulfillment.
- Bonus Points will post directly to your World of Hyatt account and will not appear on your credit card statement.
- Maximum 30,000 Bonus Points per transaction may be received under this offer.
- To be eligible for these offers, the entire stay must be completed during the Promotion Period.
- Please allow 6 weeks after your point redemption has been completed for your Bonus Points to appear in your World of Hyatt account.
- For purposes of these offers, points are deemed redeemed upon checkout of a stay or completion of (and, if applicable payment for) the meal, experience, class, therapy, service or excursion.
Full offer terms can be found on the registration page.
A key thing to note here is that this is a promotion that’s offering a rebate and not a discount and while those two things may appear more or less identical, there’s a subtle difference between the two that’s going to be important.
When a promotion offers a discount, the reduced rate is available at the time of booking. When a promotion offers a rebate, the price at the time of booking remains undiscounted and the rebate is given upon completion of a stay.
What this means is that if you want to book an award at one of Hyatt’s Independent Collection brands using this promotion, you will need to have enough World of Hyatt points in your account to make the booking as if there was no promotion on offer – if a property usually costs 20,000 points per night you’ll need to have at least 20,000 points in your account to book a night at that property – because the 20% rebate will only post to your account after the stay.
That small (but important) distinction aside, this is a nice promotion from Chase and the World of Hyatt and because 3 Hyatt brands are participating (JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and The Unbound Collection) this is a broader offer than the offer we saw earlier this year which focused solely on Thompson Hotels.
Holders of the World of Hyatt credit card and the World of Hyatt Business credit card can currently register for an offer that gives cardholders a 20% rebate (capped at 30,000 points) on award bookings made with JdV by Hyatt, Destination by Hyatt, and the Unbound Collection and consumed by 5 September 2022. Registration is required and the last day for registrations is 31 July 2022.
Featured image: Hyatt Carmel Valley Ranch Unbound Collection courtesy of Hyatt