Some links to products and travel providers on this website will earn Traveling For Miles a commission that helps contribute to the running of the site – I’m very grateful to anyone who uses these links but their use is entirely optional. The compensation does not impact how and where products appear on this site and does not impact reviews that are published. For more details please see the advertising disclosure found at the bottom of every page.
I rarely pay cash for my Hyatt stays as I tend to convert a significant number of the Chase Ultimate Rewards points I earn every year (courtesy of my Chase Sapphire Reserve credit card) into World of Hyatt points and then use those to make the most of the comparatively friendly award chart that Hyatt offers.
Still, sometimes it’s nice to be able to top up a World of Hyatt account and this post is to remind you that there’s a pretty generous promotion running right now which will allow you to do that with relative ease…as long as you’re happy to visit Las Vegas.
World of Hyatt/MGM Resorts Las Vegas Promotion
Though 31 July 2019 World of Hyatt members can earn 100% more points at nine of MGM’s Las Vegas properties and 20% more points at three others.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Register by 31 July 2019.
- Stay by 31 July 2019.
- Participants must be members of World of Hyatt and M life Rewards.
- You must provide your World of Hyatt membership number and M life Rewards membership number at check-in on a M life Rewards-Eligible Stay, be a registered guest physically occupying the room to which you are registered, and choose to earn World of Hyatt Base Points for your stay at check-in.
- 20% World of Hyatt Bonus Points: You will be eligible to earn twenty percent (20%) more World of Hyatt points based on your total eligible spend during an eligible stay at Excalibur, Luxor and New York-New York with a check-out no later than 31 July 2019.
- Double World of Hyatt Bonus Points: You will be eligible to earn one hundred percent (100%) more World of Hyatt points based on your total eligible spend during an eligible stay at The Mirage, Bellagio, The Signature at MGM Grand, Vdara, Aria, Park MGM Las Vegas, MGM Grand, Delano Las Vegas, or Mandalay Bay with a check-out no later than 31 July 2019.
- Only Base Points are considered in calculating the Bonus Points awarded under this offer.
- The points awarded under this offer will be Bonus Points. Bonus Points awarded based on elite status, if any, will not be counted towards this Bonus Offer.
What This Means For Earnings
Guests staying at properties offering 100% more World of Hyatt points will all earn a minimum of 10 points per dollar spent at the participating properties.
I value World of Hyatt points at around 1.4 cents each so this promotion is effectively offering a 14% rebate on all spending (not just the room rate) at properties offering the 100% bonus.
Guests staying at properties offering 20% more World of Hyatt points will all earn a minimum of 6 points per dollar spent at the participating properties.
Assuming a points valuation of 1.4 cents, this promotion is effectively offering an 8.4% rebate on all spending (not just the room rate) at properties offering the 20% bonus.
That’s pretty good going.
You have 6 more weeks to make the most of this promotion so if you’ve been considering a trip to Las Vegas now may be the time to go.
The effective rebates on offer are pretty good but, more importantly, the World of Hyatt points you can earn in this promotion can easily be put towards well-priced award nights at some great Hyatt/SLH properties around the world and this promo makes those points very easy to earn.